Names of Dive Guides Trained to be Spotters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Babydamulag:
Spotters? That seems a little hokie. I am not sure that someone called a "spotter" is worth paying extra for on a dive. If you look at dive ops in the US they have diveguides that do those tasks. The diveguide even invites the guest to leave if the guest does a "no-no". Not sure if a "spotter" is worth the cost.

A spotter is exactly that - a "dive guide that do those tasks", specifically one that's familiar with how serious photographers operate. And I believe you pay them the same, maybe even less that any other dive guide.

So, a "spotter" is a a dive guide ++? Same price you pay, but you're assured to see more critters for photo ops... and they're extra patient as they know that the divers they are guiding are photo monsters....(or masters, or idols... or whatever they're called).

Still need to be in that class. So I can do some spotting jobs, save up to buy myself a new S80 to start my u/w photo career.

what's a bobbit worm?? HMM . . . go to seapics. .

ninja edit: aha nothin in seapics . . . google then.

here Ish, your bobbit worm...

bobbit7_anilao18.jpg

clgsamson:
here Ish, your bobbit worm...

bobbit7_anilao18.jpg
they are known to devour small children.... what you think happened to that stargazer Ronnie found.. mwahahahahahaaaaaa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom