Names of Dive Guides Trained to be Spotters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar:
and here i seriously thought you guys were talking about seeing somebody's amputated winky floating around... :l:

you know... "john wayne" bobbit worm... (lorena's ex)

Jag

:lol: that's why the name sounds familiar. and i had this weird inclination to laugh... :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobbit_worm

"The female may attack the male's sex organ after mating, detaching it with her sharp bone plates and then feeding it to her young. This behavior inspired the common name applied by marine biologists to the animal, (Bobbit worm), a reference to Lorena Bobbitt, a woman who cut off her husband's penis in 1993."

shugar:
well in fairness... i'd imagine it would look like that (the stump part, not the knob) if it was bobbitted...

my goodness, it's a verb now... :lol:

I heard tips from other spotters that if you want the bobbit worm to come out of its lair, bring meat and tease it with it. It comes out to 6 feet in length!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ultimate goal for these spotters listed is to have them certified as divemasters. Of those listed, only two are certified divemasters. Omar Nepomuceno and Richard Abarintos.

boljakool:
how much was the fee to attend the certification class? will there be another batch?
The fee was only P250.00 and this covered tanks, boat, the training, a certificate, food during the training and lodging (for those not from Mabini).

We are looking at October for those who have taken the spotter course to take up personality developement and character building skills seminar. We are just drawing up the outline and template. We are in the process of training two or three of the participants to be able to train other guides in their areas so that it becomes more sustainable and at the same time moving their certification up to divemaster.

Next spotter course might be in El Nido or Bohol area. There seems to only few in Mabini (Anilao) who want to take advantage of this opportunity.

Joel

Back
Top Bottom