Nanoose Bay area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hardhat

Reaction score
I've dove a little in the Nanoose Bay area and was wondering if there were any other shore dives around the area. I've done Madrona, Cottam Point, Sedusers Cove, and Wall Beach. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Those are the main ones.........not sure if there are more listed in Betty Pratt's 99 Dives.......if I had my copy here I'd look for you......really think there are at least a few more....

hardhat:
I've dove a little in the Nanoose Bay area and was wondering if there were any other shore dives around the area. I've done Madrona, Cottam Point, Sedusers Cove, and Wall Beach. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
As you are driving toward Seducer's cove (locals call it Tyee) along Blueback dr there is a dip in the road where the rocky beach comes up really close to the road. It is not easily accessible at low tide but at higher tides it can be a great dive. Head out due north till you get to the wall and look for a crevice at 100ft with a giant ling cod gaurding the entrance. There are some wolf eels out there too.
I have actually swam from there to Tyee where one of our group parked their truck and drove us back. Highly recommended.

Has anyone done any diving OFF Nanoose out around any of the islands.
Mistaken, Gerald, Ballenas, Douglas, Amelia, and the Yeo islands all look as though they may have some wicked dives, at least on the chart they do.
I'm thinking of getting a boat out there but want to know if it's worth it. That whole area looks like it could be amazing.

GoJu:
Has anyone done any diving OFF Nanoose out around any of the islands.
Mistaken, Gerald, Ballenas, Douglas, Amelia, and the Yeo islands all look as though they may have some wicked dives, at least on the chart they do.
I'm thinking of getting a boat out there but want to know if it's worth it. That whole area looks like it could be amazing.
Let me know if you need a buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom