Narrowed it down to 5...please help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Are the envoy and envoy deluxe considered heavy reg's? Does this mean that they are uncomfortable and bulky to dive with?"

No, it doesn't mean they are uncomfortable or bulky to dive with. The first stage is just slightly heavier for travel than the Scubapro, but not enough difference to offset the advantages, or even really notice that much. The second stage is about the same as any others. I would definitely go with the Zeagle Envoy Deluxe out of everything you mentioned.

Thresa:
Either one. I am looking at both the zeagle envoy and envoy deluxe. Aren't they about the same size?

i meant either one is fine. the only real difference is the breathing adjuster thingie-majengie... the second stages both weigh the same: .42 lbs

I'd go with either the Mares MR12 Rebel or the Oceanic Zeta, hard to make a choice, but likely the Oceanic.

Thresa:
Are the envoy and envoy deluxe considered heavy reg's? Does this mean that they are uncomfortable and bulky to dive with?

The moisure retention and bubble deflection in the sherwood oasis sound like it would be a really comfortable reg to dive with, but not many on this board have much to say about it, what is the down side of the oasis...or sherwood?

1) I think the Zeagle might be lighter than most of the Scubapros if my memory serves me correct.

2) Lots of people like the Oasis for comfort. Most don't like the stream of bubbles that come from the first stage because other divers often signal to them as if something is wrong when it is not.

If this concerns you and you would like a slightly higher performance regulator get one of the Mares with the metal second stage (also helps retain moisture ) like the Mares V16 Proton Metal Regulator. My dive shop has them on sale for $299 the same price as the Zeagle. Maybe you could shop around and have Scubatoys get closer to this price. Also, I don’t know if you told them or not that you’re on the scubaboard because they will give you a discount for that.

Thresa:
Are the envoy and envoy deluxe considered heavy reg's? Does this mean that they are uncomfortable and bulky to dive with?

The moisure retention and bubble deflection in the sherwood oasis sound like it would be a really comfortable reg to dive with, but not many on this board have much to say about it, what is the down side of the oasis...or sherwood?

No, the Envoy is not heavy at all. I still use the 2nd stage as my bungeed octo on my Apeks. My buddy used to dive a Sherwood Magnum and complained of breathing resistance at depth. He had it adjusted a couple of times and just didn't like it after he tried an Apeks. It's the ability to deliver air at depth that sets a regulator apart. Why don't you like the Tusa?

I would vote for the MR12. It's probably the cheapest of the bunch, breathes well, and is bulletproof simple. Of course, I've never tried the other regs and I only own Mares regs, including 2 MR12s, so I might be a bit biased.

Being a fairly new diver myself, I'm definitely no expert, but I can give you my honest opinion about the Envoy Deluxe. I bought one recently and have used it on about 12 dives so far. I've only had it down to a maximum of 65ft but the water temperature was 55F which is pretty chilly. In my opinion the reg performed beautifully and I would definitely recommend it. I also found it to be lightweight and quite comfortable.

I'm sure the other brands you are considering will perform very well also but one of the reasons I bought the Zeagle is because of all the positive testimonies of Scubaboard members regarding Zeagle's excellent customer service and product quality. So far, I'm pretty satisfied.

I started diving with an Oasis and still have a few I use for students. Never had a complaint in warm water. I use a Scuba Pro now doing deep and cold dives.Both are easy to take apart and clean,especially after getting sand from a beach dive in them.

I dive a Zeagle ZX second which is similar to the Envoy Deluxe (I think additional anti frezing protection is the only difference). I can't compare it to the others; I can only say that I'm happy with it and don't think it is heavy. I DO use the adjustment knob. The difference it makes is not minor, but hardly critical.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom