nasa divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Space shuttle only has 4 more launches left and AFAIK Constellation has been canceled.

It has not been canceled, Obama has Proposed it to be canceled. However, I don't see it making it through the house and senate.

And seeing how we already have a HUGE unemployment problem I don't see how killing a whole bunch more jobs is a good idea?

I do believe the goals for the moon most likely will be dropped. However killing the whole project would leave us without a way for maned space flight. This would be a huge step backwards for our country. The only thing currently keeping us a float is innovation and engineering. Keep in mind that the vast majority of our modern conveniences are direct results of the space and military programs.

But haven't we been training astronauts in this country for a while. You think we would just stop? what if a huge asteroide comes hurling towards this planet? who's going to plant the bombs on it to blow it up?

Back
Top Bottom