NAUI certified but wanting to do PADI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But one Agency
But one Agency View attachment 798240 has waaaay cooler patches

has waaaay cooler patches
Mine’s even cooler than that ;-)
GPTempDownload.jpeg

Reactions: Doc
I wouldn't worry about anyone's toes - if you really feel that you have to re-do the certification, don't worry about how the first shop feels. I'm curious what went so badly that you think you have to completely re-do it? An alternative might be to sign up for your next course - likely Advanced Open Water - at the PADI shop.

But no, there's no issue with switching agencies. I was PADI for OW and AOW and my more recent certs have been SDI.
^^^This. Unless the OP believes her OW course left her completely not able to dive, why not just get Advanced Open Water (AOW) from another shop (good instructor matters more than which agency [PADI, SDI, SSI, etc.]).

Despite the name, AOW is not really for Advanced divers, it is just the 2nd diving course that many take soon after OW. AOW has minimal book/classroom work and is mainly an opportunity to do 5 additional dives with an instructor focusing on 5 different aspects like buoyancy control, navigation, etc. As long as the OP believes she at least understands the basics from OW, I think going ahead and getting AOW with a good instructor would make more sense, as AOW is good to have anyhow since it seems a good bit of dive ops want to see an AOW card for certain dives (especially SE Florida dive ops, but others too).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom