Navarre Beach Florida Night Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it was great meeting all of you guys last night can't wait to do it again i am doing ok now with the jellyfish stings just wasn't to pleased about it going down my wetsuit i almost couldnt stand the smell of vinegar on the way home but i am ok today if i had to do it all over again i wouldn't think twice i would be in the water before anyone. and xray when you kept hearing me start breathing really hard was when i had the jellies sitting on my forehead

I snapped this picture of us before we hit the water.

Now Jim, I know you want to stay anonymous but we can still tell which one you are!

Great report xray man! That loggerhead encounter sounds great but I can do without the jellies.

I myself was also caught in the thunderstorm while getting out of the water at Vortex Saturday evening. Lets just say I was walking quickly to get those tanks off.

Now Jim, I know you want to stay anonymous but we can still tell which one you are!

Great report xray man! That loggerhead encounter sounds great but I can do without the jellies.

I myself was also caught in the thunderstorm while getting out of the water at Vortex Saturday evening. Lets just say I was walking quickly to get those tanks off.

LOL! It was nice when we were getting out of the water, but we were also moving fast toward our entry.

Men in Black. :wink: Sounds like you got to see quite a nice variety of critters.

Men in Black. :wink: Sounds like you got to see quite a nice variety of critters.

Even with all the stings..... It was a nice dive!

IMG_0435s.jpg

From topside, the water looked clear, and took on Navarre's characteristic emerald hue. Despite the close proximity of lightning, the lure of the calm, seemingly clear water was just too much for any of us to resist.

Glen and I split from the main group, and made a bee-line to the general area of the sunken spans. We found only a few broken pilings. Visibility varied wildly. I marveled at shadowy patches of matter that seemed to eat the illumination from my dive light, and even the waning sunlight that trickled down from above. When the water was clearer, multitudes of dice-sized algae would surge in unpredictably, usually when I was about to take a photo of a hammy crab, or damselfish.

Jellyfish were everywhere. I observed large numbers of very small fish (perhaps juvenile menhaden) that appeared to be snagged in the killing strands of the jellies. Closer inspection revealed that many of the creatures were actually feeding, either on the tentacles themselves, or on items that had become ensnared.

It was the jellyfish that ultimately chased us from the water. I had used less than 1000psi, but I was done. Hopefully those !@#$ers will move out soon so I can start enjoying beach dives again.

:deadhorse:

From topside, the water looked clear, and took on Navarre's characteristic emerald hue. Despite the close proximity of lightning, the lure of the calm, seemingly clear water was just too much for any of us to resist. ....... I marveled at shadowy patches of matter that seemed to eat the illumination from my dive light, and even the waning sunlight that trickled down from above.

...........That is when the MEN IN BLACK descended upon their prey, or rather their prey descended upon them.:wink: But it was nice of you guys to go jellyfish hunting for us to have a cookout. :D

...........That is when the MEN IN BLACK descended upon their prey, or rather their prey descended upon them.:wink: But it was nice of you guys to go jellyfish hunting for us to have a cookout. :D

When can we expect to bump into you?

Back
Top Bottom