NB Diver Dies.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very sad story.
it must be awful to lose a buddy especially knowing that he has children, family.

I read these reports and I am truly saddened.... My utmost and most sincere condolences to the family and friends.

This is so heatbreaking.

Foo

The investigation isn't complete, but I can only let you know that they didn't have more then 8 months experience, and they didn't ask about diving the area with a local dive shop. Instead they went to an information booth, pick up a map and went diving. In that area there isn't anything to see it's all mud flats with a rough current. They don't know if the diver that died; because of a medical condition, or paniced and passed out and drowned. I feel for the Dive buddy. Hope he can get through this and hopefully get back in the water again.

My prayers and condolenses goes out to the famliy.

We have to keep in mind that we aren't invinsible underwater. Diving is a risky sport. When it comes to diving a new area we should do research before diving it.. find a local dive shop, talk to local divers, dive with someone who has dove it before. It's unfortunate to hear of accidents like this..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom