NE1 want a Mares Pure Vision Mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

top left corner, but I soon learned that the mask will not really seal properly because of protruding hair on the left side of my head which strangely refuses to be swept back. I had my hair trimmed/cut...:wink:

Wear your mask in front of mirror and look at your hair line Mike. You might need to go bald to stop the leak...

clgsamson:
top left corner, but I soon learned that the mask will not really seal properly because of protruding hair on the left side of my head which strangely refuses to be swept back. I had my hair trimmed/cut...:wink:

Wear your mask in front of mirror and look at your hair line Mike. You might need to go bald to stop the leak...

Not the same problem I'm having. My hair is pretty short.

The bubbles are coming not from the skirt to face seal but from what appears to be just behind the upperleft frame (lens). Unless its a bad seal on the lower face and the bubbles are trickling up...

I should say the replacement I got was a bit better than the 1st one I picked up. Anyways, if anyone wants to play around with it or even try seeing if you can get repalcement from Scubaworld Manila, I'll bring it down end of the month...

Halthron:
It only takes one time having a broken mask to convince you that you need a backup.
that's true... but you've already been in the philippines long enough that "backup" is not part of the culture...

feels like a waste kasi to have 2 masks and only use 1... (insert typical SB flaming tirade from 50,000 members on WHY i will die if i don't bring a backup mask underwater...)

Jag

Halthron:
It only takes one time having a broken mask to convince you that you need a backup.

where' the fun in that? come on, everyone should know how to do 30min of deco stops with no guide line and no mask...

:wink:

i like my gull abeam window mask, only leaks when my hair just go all over my face when i defog and put it back on underwater. . . should really be wearing a hood all the time lol.

ishbaby:
i like my gull abeam window mask, only leaks when my hair just go all over my face when i try to defog it underwater. . . should really be wearing a hood all the time lol.

Ish, actually try using a bandana wrapped around your head. Seriously, my friend swears by it. Any old bandana would do or you can get the scuba one's that they sell in the shops.

hmm, i have this headband bandana-ish i got from sing before. . . should try it out soon

ishbaby:
hmm, i have this headband bandana-ish i got from sing before. . . should try it out soon

if it makes you look like a russian babushka, perrrfect... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom