Necklace Octo holder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting how those who use the necklace, usually agree that they wouldn't want it any other way regardless of how they use it (as primary or secondary), yet it never seems to get promoted in OW courses.

You are either getting completely BS'd by the supplier you called OR there is a misunderstanding in what you want/they offered. I think there is a misunderstanding.

I called a few more LDS that are Atomic dealers and they are quoting around $170-190 for a 7 foot hose with stainless steel swivel. That's sounds better then 40" for 280.00. I know the swivel is not GUR/DIR compliant, but I'm not a cave/tech diver. If I choose the tech route one day I can easily buy a non-swivel version for even cheaper.

---------- Post Merged at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Interesting how those who use the necklace, usually agree that they wouldn't want it any other way regardless of how they use it (as primary or secondary), yet it never seems to get promoted in OW courses.

I'll promote it.... It's still placed within the PADI triangle standard, so why not. The student only knows what they are taught - right or wrong.

Wondering why you need a swivel? I dived for 7 years without one and used a 7 ft hose, didn't see the need for one.

Now that I sidemount, I use swivels (or some use a 90 degree adaptor, but that's specific to sidemount, sidemount does have variations for sure).

Dive Gear Express is selling 7' regulator hoses for $29.95. Is there something odd about the Atomic attachment that requires a custom hose?

I am sure they charge more for the fitting. But they are simply raping people at the costs shown in this thread. Unreal.

Dive Gear Express is selling 7' regulator hoses for $29.95. Is there something odd about the Atomic attachment that requires a custom hose?

It is prefitted to the hose; I don't know why it's so expensive but...I use one and love it. (Yes, it came included with the reg).

Wondering why you need a swivel? I dived for 7 years without one and used a 7 ft hose, didn't see the need for one.
I agree - why the swivel?
Now that I sidemount, I use swivels (or some use a 90 degree adaptor, but that's specific to sidemount, sidemount does have variations for sure).
Again, I agree and do the same -- use a 360 swivel on both sides. But that has to do with hose routing specific to SM. For a BM single tank, with a bungeed necklace and 7' primary hose, I have never needed a swivel on either side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom