necklace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

magnetic reg? what do you mean?

Well, instead of all the cords and tubing, you attach a small magnet to your regulator and, those of us with steel plates in our heads (and you know who you are), just stick it somewhere convenient. You must avoid the temptation of adding other items such as spare knives, shears, etc, as it tends to attract baracuda and radio signals.eyebrow

Stay away from those old magnetic mines they used in WWII, too. They can really cut into your bottom time.

Sorry you asked, huh.

I'll tell you all about my electric soup spoon idea someday.

Jon

Jon C:
So no one went with the new "magnetic" reg method? I find it more convenient than bungie or surgical tubing.

Jon

I am not familiar with this one. I have been out of the loop when it comes to advances in bungee'd backup technology. :D

Jon C:
Well, instead of all the cords and tubing, you attach a small magnet to your regulator and, those of us with steel plates in our heads (and you know who you are), just stick it somewhere convenient. You must avoid the temptation of adding other items such as spare knives, shears, etc, as it tends to attract baracuda and radio signals.eyebrow

Stay away from those old magnetic mines they used in WWII, too. They can really cut into your bottom time.

Sorry you asked, huh.

I'll tell you all about my electric soup spoon idea someday.

Jon
knew I should have gone with steel instead of that wood plate that was so much cheaper :D

MarcG,

I wish I could tell you more about the highly classified DIR sub cult that utilizes such technology. Suffice to say, we get together monthly, sacrifice a pre-taxidermed goat, order pizza and work on the next generation of diving "magno-technology".

You are probably familiar with our other breakthroughs:

- Magnetic tanks (eliminates the need for straps)
- Magnetic fins and mask (same)
- And the most recent: Magnetic crotch strap...this one occasionaly causes severe chaffing in men. It is very important to implant the metal plates in a "comfortable" location and avoid using an overly powerful magnet...:D

We are working to overcome complication while using a compass in conjunction with our products...apparently "North" is always right behind you!

Okay, Okay...I use bungee...there I said it. And there isn't really a DIR Magno-cult....or is there......

Jon

In the oriental medicine, the magnetic has been used to cure the human body.
I know I know someone is very skeptical about any oriental medicine and even acupuncture though. In their thoery, the steady magnetic influences can change a human body's chracteristics.

hoosier:
In the oriental medicine, the magnetic has been used to cure the human body.
I know I know someone is very skeptical about any oriental medicine and even acupuncture though. In their thoery, the steady magnetic influences can change a human body's chracteristics.

I know what you mean. I was watching Hawaii Five-O when one of those huge magnetic auto wreckers landed on the bad guy. Talk about a steady magnetic influence changing a human body's characteristics!:D

Hey, that gives me an idea: The MDEH or "magnetic diver extractor hoist". No boat should leave port without it. Time to bleed another stuffed goat, stop by the patent office and wait for the dough to roll in. And to think this all started with a bungee necklace! God, I love this country!

Jon

The bungie -vs- tubing debate has relevance only for lesser mortals. Once you complete your advanced DIR training with Yoda in the swamps of Dagoba you just use the Force to hold your backup reg in place. There are other benefits from Yoda's advanced class - for example, "deco on the fly" takes on a whole new meaning.

Jon C:
Well, instead of all the cords and tubing, you attach a small magnet to your regulator and, those of us with steel plates in our heads (and you know who you are), just stick it somewhere convenient. You must avoid the temptation of adding other items such as spare knives, shears, etc, as it tends to attract baracuda and radio signals.

I was initially very excited about this new reg attachement method but I'm afraid it won't work for me. I recently had to have the metal plate in my head swapped out for plastic. Every time Helen rev'ed up the microwave, I'd piss myself and forget who I was for two days. I guess I'll just have to stick to the bungie.

cbfin:
I was initially very excited about this new reg attachement method but I'm afraid it won't work for me. I recently had to have the metal plate in my head swapped out for plastic. Every time Helen rev'ed up the microwave, I'd piss myself and forget who I was for two days. I guess I'll just have to stick to the bungie.
Nice NL Vacation reference... Classic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom