Need a hand signal for "Wow"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001:
I use the "hang loose" sign
Ditto... I use a "shaka" too.
hifree143-web.jpg

pants!:
The hang loose symbol is cool but could be mistaken for a thumb in some circumstances, so I do a similar one where I extend the pinky and index finger :wink:

Is that the "devil horns" rock & roll sign? That would work for me, maybe accompanied by a little head banging

Diver0001:
Ahem -- that would be the "Shaka" sign -- ahem, cough cough.

pants!:
The hang loose symbol is cool but could be mistaken for a thumb in some circumstances, so I do a similar one where I extend the pinky and index finger :wink:
Ahhh, a Longhorn, huh?

Rick Inman:
Actually, I think it means to throw a slider.
It depends what the other hand is doing, it could also be a "hit and run" :crafty:

I actually spell out WOW using my hands.

Step #1
Extend index finger and thumb on both hands (clsoe the rest), touch thumbs together with hands at ~45 degree angle = W.

Step #2
Keep thumbs touching and touch index fingers together = O

Step #3
Open up index fingers or Repeat step #1 = W

...if you wish to emphasise the WOW, extend middle finger before the WOW.

Diver0001:

yep! that's the one I use when I seen something really cool, SHAKA BRA!!!

Tamas:
I actually spell out WOW using my hands.

Step #1
Extend index finger and thumb on both hands (clsoe the rest), touch thumbs together with hands at ~45 degree angle = W.

Step #2
Keep thumbs touching and touch index fingers together = O

Step #3
Open up index fingers or Repeat step #1 = W

...if you wish to emphasise the WOW, extend middle finger before the WOW.
This is Great!!! (I'm lol at my desk, and people are looking....what else is new??)
Especially the "emphasis" signal..... I'm also prepared to use this "emphasis" signal in front of the signals for BIG SHARK...but haven't had the opportunity, yet...

Signal for "COOL": My dive partner and I use the hand signal for the letter "C", and then point to the object/creature/feature/view. If it's really MEGA-Wonderful-Cool, we move the "C" around in a big circle, for "WAAAAY COOOOL!!!"

Rather than continuing to invent new signs you could just look up the American Sign Language sign for the word and be good to go. It is a complete turn-key non-verbal language. Why reinvent the wheel?

-Ben

What does holding fist on forehead mean? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom