Need a tester or two.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can vouch for Dittohead's veracity. I've known him for years, from a Jeep forum that we're both on, and he originally contacted me. In turn, I suggested that he bring his housing here, as he would likely find more people willing to test it, since I am definately NOT a photographer. Anyway, he's on the up and up.

:popcorn:

This is going to be interesting regardless of what the outcome is.

A cheap UW housing for the masses, lots of flooded beta tester's cameras, a scam, panic in the industry for flooding the market with cheap working housings.... who knows what else....

I am watching from the sidelines....

Meng_Tze:
:popcorn:

This is going to be interesting regardless of what the outcome is.

A cheap UW housing for the masses, lots of flooded beta tester's cameras, a scam, panic in the industry for flooding the market with cheap working housings.... who knows what else....

I am watching from the sidelines....
lol, no panic in th eindustry, no scam, just a fellow diver who likes to invent. Really, the key problem I had with my old design was updated with great success few weeks ago. I have been sitting on the original protoypes for years. I was working on some equipment at the pharmeceutical company I work at, and voi;a. I found the missing piece to my design on a bottle packaging line. Since I have not been diving in awhile, and since the build on these went much faster than anticipated, I need a couple of guys to try em out.

Thanks Frank for vouching for me. I am actually a little excited about this project, but... The feedback may be that these suck. I think they are really nice so far.. But I am biased. I will keep you updated.

I can vouch for Dittohead's veracity. I've known him for years, from a Jeep forum that we're both on, and he originally contacted me. In turn, I suggested that he bring his housing here, as he would likely find more people willing to test it, since I am definately NOT a photographer. Anyway, he's on the up and up.
It would have helped to have know this from the first, but thanks.
Why not just take the housing down, without a camera in it, to 140', and make sure that it doesn't leak, first?
:thumb: Always a good idea. Not that I always do the right thing, but good idea...!!

I am in Calimesa (just past Redlands) and have been looking for something like this for an older JVC mini-DV I have. It's pretty compact and would probably fit.

Sign me up! I have a Sony DCR-HC26 miniDV camcorder!

PM Sent

I can help you with final design using 3D cad software. Once that model is complete I can run some analysys software on it and subject the design to pressures at whatever depth you want, and tell you if the unit will fail without even getting it wet.

See my PM for more info.

Well, after an all nighter finishing the final prototype, I made a miscalculation. I shirtened the housing by a half an inch, made up the new templates, blah blah, blah, and it sank! lol, just a minor weight change today, and I shoud have a final final prototype made tonight. I will make this sinking prototype a floater model now by removing the weights. I was so excited, I thought I had the final design completely figured out, but I was off by about a half pound. I am making the templates right now "after I get off the computer" and will start the build this afternoon. I am new to this board, is there a way to post pictures on this sight? The textured coating is supposed to arrive today and I wanted to get your feedback on th asthetics of the unit after it is painted.

Back
Top Bottom