Need all the help I can get!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok update:

I spoke with im about possibly going to bonair....we were looking at about 1300-2000 to get there, have all our meals and diving takin car of for the both of us. I thought that was pretty good...but he thought that was much to go to bonair???
Any bets on when Kiddo tells her Inst BF "Ok then - you can plan this...!" :lol2:

Are you new to Pittsburgh, Kiddo? It's a word I have difficulty spelling and when I copied it from your post - the plane ticket search engine didn't recognize it as now we've both misspelled it. :D I do see that you're new to diving. I don't know anything about your BF; some Insts are not all that experienced really, but I suppose he is to be taking Boy Scouts on a Blackbeards. I'd rather suggest someplace that you would be more or less qualified to dive, but I suppose if y'all get into more advanced diving that you can count on him for "trust me" diving.

Interestingly enough, y'all could do Bonaire for $693 each on Delta - much easier and cheaper than I can get there. You'd have "meals and diving takin car of" there?

He wants to go to Costa Rica. Mainly becuase he wants to go off the beatn path the the rainforest, volcanos, ect. Im good with that but Im not finding much of a better deal than I had gotten for Bonair. He was telling me it shouldnt cost no where near as much to get there ect and well like I said when I started this thread I dont really no mucha bout planning trips and I cant find good info. So Any help with booking a great scuba/adventure trip to costa rica is greatly appreciated.

Oh and lol he is actually going on the blackbeard live aboard next saturday for a week teaching a group of boyscouts so we wont be doing that option :)
Do you cellphone text a lot?

Okay, since he wants to do CR, let's look at that. BTW, do you have a passport...?

Amazingly Cheaptickets.com claims they can fly y'all to San Jose for $593 each RT. You do change airlines each way, but no biggie.

This site illustrates what that company was doing a year ago for more than your budget could stand, but an interesting read. Don't know why they haven't updated? But if CR would please him and you're okay with such, there are probly cheaper ways to do it there.

And since time is already a little short, here's these advisories: Health Information for Costa Rica | CDC Travelers' Health

I have done a lot of advanced diving. I am on my way to DM. We actually live in WPB, FL....need to change my profile. I found plane tickets to CR from MIA for 275 a piece and a room there recomended by a local dive shop for 35 a night (for both of us - not per person). Im excited! The local dive shop has been awesome helping me out. So for 398 per person for the entire week then whatever we need to spend money on. Yes, I do have my passport...we travel alot. Thanks for allyour help Im so excited I cant wait and since it is cheaper then we though we may be going a month early!!!!

I have done a lot of advanced diving. I am on my way to DM. We actually live in WPB, FL....need to change my profile. I found plane tickets to CR from MIA for 275 a piece and a room there recomended by a local dive shop for 35 a night (for both of us - not per person). Im excited! The local dive shop has been awesome helping me out. So for 398 per person for the entire week then whatever we need to spend money on. Yes, I do have my passport...we travel alot. Thanks for allyour help Im so excited I cant wait and since it is cheaper then we though we may be going a month early!!!!
Yeah, updating your profile would be helpful as responses are often based on such info. It's easy but let me know if you need help.

Super prices, glad to hear. Glad things are falling into place so well.

Back
Top Bottom