Need an update on St Andrews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snuff

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We are looking at going to St Andrews in 2 weeks. Can anyone give an update on the dredging? Any ideas on where it will be in about 2 more weeks. The last post from over a week ago said they were directly across from the jetties and dumping the sand beside the kiddie pool. Any updates would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to drive all the way there to find out the diving is.no good. Thanks!

Its a crapshoot on any given day without the dredging, the Gulf of Mexico si fickle. It can be really really good, or really really bad from one day to the next, just because it feels like being that way.

If you want a sure thing, you need to understand the Gulf is not it.

two weeks ago the viz was good, even while they were dumping. It changed when the tide shifted.

Otherwise, what BuGmAn said...

I understand how fickle diving there can be, we've been diving there for a few years. I'm just trying to find out how the dredging is affecting the area and how its expected to affect the.area for the.next few weeks. If I'm going to drive all that way, I want to increase my odds as much as I can for having an enjoyable dive. Unfortunately, the park itself, as well as any other sources of information I try to use are mute on what their plans are. I know nothing is a sure thing, but that doesn't mean I have to just throw caution to the wind and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom