* * Need Divers for Music Video Shoot! $ PAID $

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bpcooper:
Looking for 2 divers with gear (or we can possibly rent it for you) that can help on our Music Video shoot over Sat and Sunday (April 9th & 10th) in Los Angeles, CA.

The shoot will be in an outdoor, heated pool. You will help the talent breath underwater from an octopus regulator and assistant with general underwater duties. You will be right up front by the talent and camera and see it all happen firsthand. It should be a fun time! No certification is required beyond Open Water Diver.

You will be there from approx 8am to 6pm both days, so it's an all day event.
Pay is $75 and we will supply all the air. We will also feed you a nice lunch.
Email ASAP if interested!

briancooper99@yahoo.com

P.S. We will have a medic and lifeguard on set as well.

Are you guys cheap or what? 7.50/hr? I can make more working at In & Out! Are you guys insane? You should have TRAINED SAFETY DIVERS, no newbie open water certified recreational divers. What about the liability? What if one of your musicians panics? Do you have a recompression chamber on standby? Does your "medic" know how to deal with an air embolism? Air embolisms can and do happen in only 10 feet of water.

I, personally, think you need to rethink your idea of "cheap labor."

Is the "talent" scuba certified? If not, you're looking at major liability issues to just hire OW divers.

BTW Laurel, he states the pay is $75. Not $75/day. So it's only $3.75/hour. :D Not even minimum wage!

Dive-aholic:
Is the "talent" scuba certified? If not, you're looking at major liability issues to just hire OW divers.

BTW Laurel, he states the pay is $75. Not $75/day. So it's only $3.75/hour. :D Not even minimum wage!

OMgosh... :shocked: You are so right, Rob! I can't beleive I didn't catch that! But, wait, they'll also feed you a *nice lunch* :lurk: So, that makes it $4.75/hr, so we do have minimum wage...

Also, it's in a :confined: space.

Maybe this is what is meant by Scuba doesn't pay? :lol:
I just kill myself...

bpcooper:
... You will help the talent breath underwater from an octopus ... No certification is required beyond Open Water Diver...You will be there from approx 8am to 6pm both days... Pay is $75 ...

This guy is certifiable, and I don't mean on SCUBA.

God help the Newbie that hears about this and thinks it's a great way to make a few $$ while diving.

Scuba-sass :)

Wow, that's more than I make teaching scuba how sad is that. Hope they have plenty of insurance.
Ber :lilbunny:

bpcooper,

If it will help, I can give you the contact info of a pro out there who does this for a living. He has a sag card in addition to a card from whatever usnion the movie set electricians work through. He has done electrical work on land and in the water, safety and stunt work and he's a current and insured dive instructor. He's good. I know cuz I taught him to dive. LOL but you're looking at a bunch more than 75$ unless that's per minute. LOL just kidding, sort of, I don't think he gets that much per minute but it aint cheap.

Who ever you get make sure they're qualified or you're liable to kill some one. This guy I'm talking about tells me that producers and directors often think they can grab any old tourist diver and put them to work in the water until some one sets them streight and it gets a little dicy sometimes.

scuba-sass:
This guy is certifiable, and I don't mean on SCUBA.

God help the Newbie that hears about this and thinks it's a great way to make a few $$ while diving.

Scuba-sass :)
I know a diver with only 10 dives under their belt that is considering this! I spent 20 minutes of listening to myself talk out loud, and he is still considering it! :bash:

I am sooooo glad so many more of the experienced divers are getting on the board to say what a truly bad, terrible, no good idea this is.... :soapbox:

Liability.
Whoever dives uncertified is voiding whatever insurance policy they may have.
"Diving" with an uncertified diver (OW) might make THE DIVER liabel should an accident occur.

AFAIK only a certified instructor can take an uncertified person for a "dive". Passing the main talent a regulator underwater would therefore constitute taking someone for a dive unless the talent was already certified himself.

Back
Top Bottom