* * Need Divers for Music Video Shoot! $ PAID $

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic:
BTW Laurel, he states the pay is $75. Not $75/day. So it's only $3.75/hour. :D Not even minimum wage!

Well you can't even get an untrained kid to flip burgers for $7/hr, much less $3.75/hr.

I guess their original post best explains it where he says he want people "beyond ignorant " and apparantly is willing to settle that.

Another major issue, this project is being funded on the directors friends credit cards. So this is a screwed up production from the start.

I would RUN AWAY from this as fast as you could

Wow, "assisting" the talent with underwater breathing, project funded by credit cards and then modifying the original post to give minor insults? What could possibly go wrong?

bpcooper:
Intersting responses to the original posting.

The Rate: This project is being financed on our director friends credit cards. 90% of the people are doing this for free as a favor to us. The only people being paid are the divers, medic, lifeguard. Is it tons of money? no. But it's more than you'll make sitting at home reading these boards and NOT diving. Having a good time on a film set can never be underestimated, it's not all about the money.
No. It isn't about the money. It's about being untrained, unqualified, non-union and not a professional diver...for pay. I'm sure OSHA would have a thing or two to say about it. Better check out the laws concerning insuring a diver in a professional position. There are minimum certification levels required and I know for a fact that it involves AOW and rescue diver as bare minimums. My dive shop can't even insure me until I get to that point.
bpcooper:
All that said, I thank this board becasue you have provided us with some strong candidates to help us on our project and we look forward to working with them.
I don't believe that for a second, but, ok.
bpcooper:
And while we are shooting our filmmed project underwater in sunny hollywood, you will be..........................reading this at home.
I will be.........Safe at home free from liability due to neglegence.

Joe

bpcooper:
And while we are shooting our filmmed project underwater in sunny hollywood, you will be...........................

Oh, the envy! I mean...what could be better than diving in a pool helping the talent breath from 8 am to 6 pm?

Poogweese:
Wow! Hollywood! I'm in...ummmm, regarding my roundtrip airfare :eyebrow:

Airfare? I think the would be sending a limo for you. Come on...its Hollywood.

bpcooper:

"Safety Diver": Apparently, we used this term out of context and loosely. These divers are not for 'safety' - they are to assist the talent with breathing (all of whom are divers themselves) and wrangle any necessary props. It should have said "Production Divers" or something more entertainment business related.

The Rate: This project is being financed on our director friends credit cards. 90% of the people are doing this for free as a favor to us. The only people being paid are the divers, medic, lifeguard. Is it tons of money? no. But it's more than you'll make sitting at home reading these boards and NOT diving. Having a good time on a film set can never be underestimated, it's not all about the money.

Insurance: These productions, even financed the way they are - are the most well insured pieces of 'property' (yes, that's what they are called) in the entire world. There is more insurance coverage on even the smallest film shoot then you'll have on ten homes and 50 cars combined.

Risk: Again, our ignorance of the term "saftey diver" we will gladly accept. But then you will have to accept the fact that you are beyond ignorant if you think there is a way to be liabel for anything on these film sets. Everyone is covered by the production company and held harmless for everything. If you were on the crew, you could crash a grip truck with $750k in equipment in it into a storefront window causing over 1 million in city property damage and $300k in private property dmage while sending four people to the hospital for bills of over $500k.....and guess what, none of it is you pay a dime for. Yes, you are responsibel for the driving related issues, but no one affected can even sue you with the protection of the production coverage - they can only sue the production company. Period. That was a true story by the way and the guy never paid a dime. A film set, on land or in the water, is the most risk free zone in terms of personal liability you will ever encounter.

All that said, I thank this board becasue you have provided us with some strong candidates to help us on our project and we look forward to working with them.

And while we are shooting our filmmed project underwater in sunny hollywood, you will be..........................reading this at home.

Actually, I'll out in the high desert shooting big guns in a licsened, properly supervised environment. Sunday afternoon, I'll be diving for the pure enjoyment of it. Sunday night, I'll be watching the grunion run.

:blinking: :gorgeous:

bpcooper:

"Safety Diver": Apparently, we used this term out of context and loosely. These divers are not for 'safety' - they are to assist the talent with breathing (all of whom are divers themselves) and wrangle any necessary props. It should have said "Production Divers" or something more entertainment business related.

Insurance: These productions, even financed the way they are - are the most well insured pieces of 'property' (yes, that's what they are called) in the entire world. There is more insurance coverage on even the smallest film shoot then you'll have on ten homes and 50 cars combined.

Risk: Again, our ignorance of the term "saftey diver" we will gladly accept. But then you will have to accept the fact that you are beyond ignorant if you think there is a way to be liabel for anything on these film sets. Everyone is covered by the production company and held harmless for everything. If you were on the crew, you could crash a grip truck with $750k in equipment in it into a storefront window causing over 1 million in city property damage and $300k in private property dmage while sending four people to the hospital for bills of over $500k.....and guess what, none of it is you pay a dime for. Yes, you are responsibel for the driving related issues, but no one affected can even sue you with the protection of the production coverage - they can only sue the production company. Period. That was a true story by the way and the guy never paid a dime. A film set, on land or in the water, is the most risk free zone in terms of personal liability you will ever encounter.

I think most of us will be diving in real open water environments, not being some scut puppy for a low financed risky pool dive with noncertified talent. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom