Need Feedback on DX1200HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuabsar-
The FOC can be routed properly to eliminate it from the image. See attached images of some examples. Any extra lenght cable can be gently wrapped around the arm or routed back and around to keep it out of the lens area.

Attachments

• DX-1200HD_YS-110a.jpg
    DX-1200HD_YS-110a.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 67
  • DX1200HD_YS-02.jpg
    DX1200HD_YS-02.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 66
Sea&Sea,
The cord isn't floating in front of the lens. It is the point where it connects to the camera...the cable end blocks the small red light that focuses the camera. That is what I was talking about. This caused the camera to not focus. I used a mounted focus light on the hot shoe (as suggested by a website blogger) and that didn't help. 3 dives over 200 pics taken and not ONE in focus.
Very disappointing...I thought that I was taking a step "up" in my journey in underwater photography. What it appears to be is a $1000+ paperweight.

Does the camera work on land and focus properly out of the housing? There can be other contributing factors or possibly the camera is AF is not functioning correctly. There are many DX-1200's in use that focus and work well. It may be best to send the camera only in for warranty evaluation. Visit the following link and to download the appropriate form if you would like to send it in. Warranty/Service Link

@SEA&SEA I am quite disappointed with the battery capacity. The fully charged battery barely lasts one and a half dives. Having dived in Malta was very frustrating as the housing would be prone to misting even after using two silica gel packets inside the housing.
Are there any larger capacity Batteries that can be used and do you have any suggestions in reducing misting...it is obviously due to temperature differentials.

I am very pleased with it's performance as a camera as I have taken some fabulous pictures with it.
Thanks.
Paul.

My camera seems to get the auto focus right about 50 percent of the time. And this only seems to work when I am shooting subjects close up. I can't even come close to getting a clear shot of a fellow diver. Out of the housing the problem seems to be the same.

I used this camera for one trip to Bonaire when it was new and also to Cozumel. Heading on another trip tomorrow to Cozumel and I'm hoping for the best but not optimistic about my chances of getting the shots I want.

The battery life on this camera is also horrible. Overall I wouldn't recommend this camera to fellow divers and if I encounter the same issues on this upcoming trip this thing is history.

@Ivan the Terrible My sentiments exactly, I feel I have been somewhat ripped off as I paid quite a hefty sum of money for something I believed would be a spot on diving camera and housing. The housing seems fine but the overall performance of the camera leave something to be desired.....Good job they stopped producing this combo as I too would not recommend this unit to anyone!

Back
Top Bottom