Need Fin Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

**ping**:
270$ for the Apollos???

ARghhh!

Try leisurepro. With the spring straps the they're $200, without they're $150. I highly recommend the XTs with the spring straps.

A

Depending on your shoe size, you might also consider good ole' Jetfins - the Medium and Large are actually pretty compact (up to size 9?) the XL get a little big, but still shorter than blade fins. XXL - n/m they need a whole suitcase :wink:

pics and dimensions here: http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba

Aloha, Tim

kidspot,

I too would use the jetfin if I wasn't traveling but the darn thing weighs in at 3kg for my XL and my Apollo XT is at 2.8kg. I would like to travel with as light a pair of performance fins if possible but the fact is the lightest pair I got is the excellerating force fin at 2.2kg.
If someone can come up with a lighter version of the jets at under 2kg and performs as comfortably and as well as the jets I'll get a pair today.

SangP

you mean sleazure pro ? get the warranty call, apollo before you buy anything at sleazure pro....a freind of mine bought xt's with spring heels......the foot pocket split down the middle. She got a new fin from apollo...she had about 35 dives on the lemon fin....they don't weigh much less than jets though....but I did watch her chase down whale sharks for a week in Galapagos... the xt's work well.....I used the Twin jets in black...not going to be a good tech fin but they were great in a current chasing the big guys...the local Ecuadorians were using twin jets and Atomics and they were the first ones out of the gate every time when a big one would approach...current or not ..they took off g'luck

Back
Top Bottom