Need help for decision Xccr vs liberty or BMoptima

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi yes I’m in Kingston!
Dang I missed Kingston! I guessed based on locations of instructors for your chosen units:wink:

Have you talked to Christian about this? He teaches two of the three and a few other units.

Not sure I understand you, are you saying that the Liberty is the choice you will make? Why?

(I am heavily leaning towards xCCR myself. No US based CCR for me)
fully modular head means it should never have to go into the factory for service which is super nice. I also don't love the x-ccr connectors
It’s what’s available around with the JJ! I need to be able to find support and parts around this is a big deal breaker for me!

You don’t see any issue with the property software no shearwater on board?
what support and parts do you need locally? The reality is very few dealers actually stock anything so everything is getting shipped to you anyway. If you have a full buddy team on one unit already then they may personally stock spares but the local shops aren't stocking spares.
I've been diving the Freedom computer on my mCCR for years, it is vastly superior to the Shearwater IMO, though the Petrel 3 at least has vibrate now. The biggest thing is the Divesoft lets you manually disable cells if you know they are going bad vs. blindly following the voting algorithm.

Honestly though, IMO no one should be buying a brand new CCR right now unless you absolutely have to. The first one to come out with optical sensors from the factory is going to be so far ahead of everyone else in terms of safety of the units that it isn't even funny. Sure Poseidon has had them for a while but they've been prohibitively expensive, now you can get them for $400-$500 each and you not only have a legitimate financial ROI on the sensors but you also have an immense safety improvement. Wait if you can.

Well, as an inspiration user, i would really would like to know what other bm units have that i can't do with a. Inspo.
Not to say that the inspiration is the ultimate, but i've seen a lot of talk about things that can be achieved with any unity, in spite of specific needs

Well, as an inspiration user, i would really would like to know what other bm units have that i can't do with a. Inspo.
Not to say that the inspiration is the ultimate, but i've seen a lot of talk about things that can be achieved with any unity, in spite of specific needs
I don't know about Canada necessarily, but the Inspo has very poor US support.

I don't know about Canada necessarily, but the Inspo has very poor US support.
Thtat"s not the point i was talking, just about unit capabilities. but i guess silent diving is an easy to reach facylitie. At least for me

Have you talked to Christian about this? He teaches two of the three and a few other units.
I talked to Christian but he teach like 7 unit so it’s hard to get to decide…. sorry Hao, the JJ a lot of people even a Gue tech in Qc city complain about the head and sand… that’s why it’s lower on the list!

I talked to Christian but he teach like 7 unit so it’s hard to get to decide…. sorry Hao, the JJ a lot of people even a Gue tech in Qc city complain about the head and sand… that’s why it’s lower on the list!
I can’t blame you for that. It is an issue but i never understood why this is such a big deal. The only time I saw someone had some real trouble removing the head was after he dived in somewhere that’s literally pumping sand lol.

Christian used to say XCCR was his favourite when I did my initial ccr training with him. I don’t know if he changed his mind after he became instructor on some new units in the past few years.

Back
Top Bottom