Need help from a diver. Reward offered.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a new toy too except the one I got is a Marcum underwater viewing system. I went out before the snow hit and ran that camera up and down the area where the T bar went in. I looked for over 3 hours. Didn't see it. I even dove 2 tanks when I thought I saw something that looked like it. The visibility in summer was 6 inches. Now it is about 1ft and 6 inches. So the camera is only seeing about a foot in front of it. Not sure why it's so bad there. Anyway, I'm really starting to think that some dishonest soul picked up the thing and kept it for themselves. I'm really sorry Rich. I will try one more time but I'm gonna wait for it to warm up. I nearly got frostbite in my fingers from the last time.

Wow that sucks about the visibility.

Nope... not that I know of. A regular fishfinder has been used but I don't know that it had side scan. Hopefully you can find it. The silt is very deep but with side scan I'm sure it can be found.

Has anyone tried using a side scan sonar? I have one but don't want to make the trip if its been found.

I tried side scan once but didn't have my settings right so I had no luck. Next time I'm out that way I'll give another shot but it'll be a while

I have a boat back in the water again so if anyone wants to be taken out to the site, I can make it happen.

Thanks,
Rich

Any luck on this? Haven't heard of anything.

Is there still a reward for this if it's found? I know a guy with side scan sonar that wants to give it a try but he lives 4 hours away.

Back
Top Bottom