need help from the Texans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealskin98:
Alan, me you and Frank need to go exploring some.

Mike, I am all for that!!!! :)

Its true about Canyon Lake having many structures submerged very deep...over 120-170' sounds right. I've known a few tech divers who have explored several of the ruins of the old town and grave yard.

Yes, about 09 years ago, I was diving at north park there at Canyon Lake. A salvage crew out of Corpus Christi was also testing a new crew member plus its equiptment so they asked if I knew where to find some gas for compressor. I did! They let me try the murphy with 1/4 inch cable so for sure they would get their equiptment back. I had 300 ft. of line so don't know how long I was actually down there? Had three pictures,got lost. Anyway I went about say twenty ft. from graves,barn,shed,part of an old corral. Did not dare to get closer coz signs warned would fall down! From north park to half moon sharped st. across lake,head n.e. about hundred ft. can't miss it!!!

All of the lakes in Texas are man made creations so chances are they all have some sort of remnants from before they were damned. Just to clarify, there was ONE naturally occuring lake in the state of Texas, Caddo lake. it is believed that the combination of log jams and flooding caused its creation. Of course a man made damn has since been created to due away with that natural nonsense.

Lake Travis supposadly still has some remnants including a Pecan Orchard and possibly a building or two. All down past 100ft.

~Jess

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom