need help identifing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there such a thing as a reg that is special?
Phoenix Royal AMs, large yoke RAMs, most anything Scubapro (109s, G250s, Mark 10s), Kirby Morgan chrome Superflows, G250 Surfs:

Scubapro CE 156:

Voit Navy Phoenix:

Yes, there are special regulators, certain ones that have stood the test of time such as a G250 or rare and desirable and collectable like the Navy. And then there is all the house brand stuff that will never be even as good as most of it is.

I must admit I find it always super confusing when different OEMs end up supplying lots of smaller companies with gear which just gets branded. Tracing it all back to the source is always next to impossible as the companies are all rather shy about where they get the stuff from...
I thought there are only two Taiwanese scuba suppliers (with factories on the mainland), Aquatec and Ocean Divers Supply. Are there more? I am not in the industry so I don't go to dive shows but I assume they would have a booth or some sort of representation there.

I agree it gets confusing especially when the OEM tweaks the designs for different clients and the original resellers go out of business or discontinue the product and act like it never existed.

I looked at the info you posted, unfortunately, only DGX specs the o-rings. So maybe NESS is the best choice for a kit and then spec the o-rings from that kit. I thought $14 was a bit high for a kit without a filter.

Phoenix Royal AMs, large yoke RAMs, most anything Scubapro (109s, G250s, Mark 10s), Kirby Morgan chrome Superflows, G250 Surfs:

Scubapro CE 156:

Voit Navy Phoenix:

Yes, there are special regulators, certain ones that have stood the test of time such as a G250 or rare and desirable and collectable like the Navy. And then there is all the house brand stuff that will never be even as good as most of it is.
Scubapro CE 156?!
You mixed up the pics, right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom