need help identifing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Krakendiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i purchased a lot of Dive gear
apex TX50
aqua lung titan
zeagle aplha 7

and two others exactly the same

this set up was a tech divers gear

can anyone help identifying this brand

thank you

there is no markings. on top or the side except

Attachments

• 20231112_131339[1].jpg
    20231112_131339[1].jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 73
sorry oceanic alpha 7

That is the OMS WorkHorse, manufactured by Ocean Divers Supply.

Attachments

• Work Horse - Owners Manual.pdf
    697.8 KB · Views: 76
thanks alot, are they any good?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha, if I keep reading your posts man, I'll be able to open a reg servicing business

Magnificent man!

That is the OMS WorkHorse, manufactured by Ocean Divers Supply.

i guess im in the right place at the right time, still dont know of they are any good

I know the OMS name is but...

i guess im in the right place at the right time, still dont know of they are any good

What do you mean by "good?" They work fine, they are nothing special.

What do you mean by "good?" They work fine, they are nothing special.
Is there such a thing as a reg that is special?

I guess I'm in the right place at the right time, still don't know of they are any good

This regulator is from the original OMS which went bankrupt long ago. Someone bought the name and markets the products you see today.

Dive Gear Express (DGX) sells a similar regulator called the DGX first and sells service kits. If you can find a schematic for your regulator you can check if the DGX kit can work. Northeast Scuba Supply also sells kits but doesn't include the filter. Some other companies have marketed the same regulator, so you may find a service kit there.

As far as breathing goes, it is an unbalanced first stage like a Scubapro MK-2 or an Aqualung Calypso. Because of the small size and cheap price they were popular for argon bottles and some used them as stage/deco regs.

Dive Gear Express (DGX) sells a similar regulator called the DGX first and sells service kits...Some other companies have marketed the same regulator, so you may find a service kit there.

I'm rather certain that the DGX kit would not fit. While they of course share the same basic design as you pointed out, I believe the piston will use different sized O-Rings if memory serves me well.

On a side-note, I believe the Dive Gear Express Gears FIRST is not the same as the Highland H406.

I do not have the schematics for the Workhorse and Ocean Divers Supply has never responded to me when asking about it. I attached the service manual for the Workhorse first stage, which is probably good enough. I also attached the DGX Gears First and Highland H406 schematics for comparison. If you buy the kit from Northeast Scuba, as ams511 suggested, you should have little difficulty making it work properly.

I must admit I find it always super confusing when different OEMs end up supplying lots of smaller companies with gear which just gets branded. Tracing it all back to the source is always next to impossible as the companies are all rather shy about where they get the stuff from...

Attachments

• Gears FIRST - Schematics (2020).pdf
    186.3 KB · Views: 50
  • HL406 - Schematics (2018).pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • Work Horse - Service Manual.pdf
    783.9 KB · Views: 87

Back
Top Bottom