Need Help Planning My Labor Day WE Visit, please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Oh, man, you don't need to hire a DM to do shore diving around here . . . Around here, you announce that you want to go diving and you beat the people who want to go with you off with a stick!"

:lol: Thaaats correct!

Checkout Seacrest Park (downtown Seattle but in a nice way)
Edmonds Underwater Park (5 miles North of Seattle)
Mukilteo (North of Edmonds)

and

many, many more.

Well I've never done it there, I'll be a visitor - want to be a gracious one. Thanks. :)

Y'all have been a great help. I'll be back with tentative plans and questions.

Don!!!
Ya don't need to hire a DM to show you around...there are plenty of us genrerous folks who would love to show you around, dive with you and give you hints on dive shops and hotels....all for the price of a refreshment after the dives...
Just let us know what you want to do, what you want to see and what your travel plans are and we can plan your hosts and dive sites accordingly...
Kirsten

Okay, finally made some decisions - thanks to everyone for your help....

Thursday - Aug 31: Arrive, pickup car, out of airport by noon if all goes well.
How does late afternoon diving sound...?

Friday & Saturday: Open for Tacoma area dives...??
I'll relocate to an Anacortes motel that evening.

Sunday: I'm booked for a 3 tank trip out of Anacortes to the San Juans.

Monday: Open, but no diving. Leave at midnight

Any suggestions for hotels in Tacoma first 2 nights, Anacortes next 2...?

thanks again!!

<edit> I have tentative reservations for Thurs & Friday nights at Travelodge Port of Tacoma WA; 3518 Pacific Hwy East; Located on Pacific Hwy; Tacoma (Fife), WA, 98424. $50 a night sounded too good, but I'm told that it's a 2 star hotel, and I booked the larger room for $15 more a night.

I then have tentative reservations for Saturday and Sunday nights at the San Juan motel in Anacortes.

Any suggestions there...??

Okay, looks like I'm sticking with the plan in the post above pretty much, and Scubak has very kind with her offers of loaned tanks and budding up for dives. Haven't talked with her lately, but her BF may join us, and I may have a Bubble & Ground-Gear watcher for Friday. Anyone else wanta' dive with us...??

In review...

I'll arrive Thursday, grab my car, set up camp at my hotel, and probly make a check-out dive that afternoon - then hope to plan dives Friday & Saturday, weather permitting.

Btw, my name is DON HENDERSON, cell phone 806-292-0009. I'll be at Travelodge Port of Tacoma WA; 3518 Pacific Hwy East; Tacoma (Fife), WA, 98424 US Phone: 253-922-0550

And I will have internet service at the hotel if promises are kept. :wink:

I hope our paths will cross at some point this week!

Dave

Very sorry that I won't get to meet you. I drive to work Thursday night, work Friday and Saturday, and come home Sunday to pack for a 7 am flight to Indonesia on Monday.

But you are in good hands with scubak!

Don, you have always been one of the friendliest and cordial Scuba Board members, I would really like to join you and Kirsten on your South Sound dives if I can. Best regards, Kirk Hamblen

I've been saving this for hours until SB came back up....
Very sorry that I won't get to meet you. I drive to work Thursday night, work Friday and Saturday, and come home Sunday to pack for a 7 am flight to Indonesia on Monday.
Packing for Indonesia, oh wow. Have a great one.

DoubleDip:
Don, you have always been one of the friendliest and cordial Scuba Board members, I would really like to join you and Kirsten on your South Sound dives if I can. Best regards, Kirk Hamblen
Great. Kirsten took off Friday, can you join us then? Saturday is undecided as yet. Something may have come up.

Kirk,
Don has an offer he shouldn't refuse on Sat...
On Friday I was thinking of taking him on over to the Canal.
This way he would really get to experiance all that the PS has to offer...South Sound, Mid Sound, Hood Canal and then cap it off with the San Juans...a great dive trip is in store for him..
K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom