Need info re dive operators in Curacao.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlevine:
The diving in Bonaire is better in terms of accessibility and also in terms of cleanliness. In Curacao, I noticed a little more refuse in the water (cups, etc.) while on Bonaire (at least where I dove) I saw very little. Visibility in both locations was great. As far as petty theft, both islands have the same problem. I felt I had to be more cautious on Curacao, but then it is a bigger island with more people. I was warned in both places about not storing valuables in my car.

I totally agree with you (even people who live on Curacao get robbed from their posessions. The solution: don't lock your car and leave nothing behind).
But Curacao has the nightlife Bonaire lacks. If you're only interested in diving go visit Bonaire. If you want to go out at night......give me a holler cuz I'll be there to join you :D .

dear moon diver,
just got back from curacao with my family on a dive vacation.
we stayed at the sunset waters ai resort.
http://www.sunsetwaters.com/
dove with sunset diver.
http://www.sunsetdiver.com/default.asp
nice resort, good dive dive op.
we did mostly boat dives, but the house reef was good too.
check it out and let us hear about your trip.
regards,
smokey

jlevine:
The diving in Bonaire is better in terms of accessibility and also in terms of cleanliness. In Curacao, I noticed a little more refuse in the water (cups, etc.) while on Bonaire (at least where I dove) I saw very little. Visibility in both locations was great. As far as petty theft, both islands have the same problem. I felt I had to be more cautious on Curacao, but then it is a bigger island with more people. I was warned in both places about not storing valuables in my car.

It is true! Be careful not to leave valuables in you car on Bonaire especially in Kralendijk! My husband & I were in Bonaire for 5 days (this past April) and had the car broken into twice. The first time it happened, the car was parked in broad daylight on the main street near Zeezight! We enjoyed lunch there (try the Crazy Monkey Shrimps) and came back to see the passenger’s side window rolled down. We locked the car before we left. Thankfully, we didn’t leave anything valuable in there.

The second time it happened, it was at the Town Pier at 3:00pm in the afternoon. Someone obviously was watching us, saw us go in for the dive, broke into the car & found my husband’s wallet under the driver’s seat. Lucky for us, the thieves were kind enough to take the money, but left the wallet & credit cards.

I must say the thieves are courteous, they didn’t break the car window and left the wallet & credit cards.

Don’t let this deter you! Bonaire is a wonderful place. Just DON’T LEAVE ANYTHING VALUEABLE IN YOUR CAR!

Back
Top Bottom