Dive op convenient to St Willibrordus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Booked January 20-28 in Curaçao on a whim; now I need to find a dive op.

- Mr T doesn’t dive any more, so I won’t be diving every day and will need guided dives, preferably with an op that attracts other reasonably experienced, reliable potential instabuddies
- Boat dives preferred or else valet service that removes the need to carry my own tanks and weights any distance or up and down stairs. My knees suck.
- Decent rental gear (tanks, weights, BCD, regulator, fins)
- Bonus if the dive locations are suitable for Mr T to snorkel independently.

Have reached out to Coral Divers, Go West and Dive Bus. Anyone else I should be trying?

Andrew’s lovely-looking operation, Dive Charter Curaçao, is fully booked that week, marked “Family.” Too bad for me.

Last dove in April 2022 in Grand Turk. Did a refresher then and it certainly all came back. I suppose another refresher or at least a personal DM for one dive wouldn’t hurt.

Your input will be warmly received.

Staying in the hills between St Willibrordus and Fontein. Doubtless will have to rent a car.

We have stayed in Coral Estates 3 times. Dive shop is great. All shore dives but it is a very short walk. Super easy navigation there also.

FT:
Booked January 20-28 in Curaçao on a whim; now I need to find a dive op.

- Mr T doesn’t dive any more, so I won’t be diving every day and will need guided dives, preferably with an op that attracts other reasonably experienced, reliable potential instabuddies
- Boat dives preferred or else valet service that removes the need to carry my own tanks and weights any distance or up and down stairs. My knees suck.
- Decent rental gear (tanks, weights, BCD, regulator, fins)
- Bonus if the dive locations are suitable for Mr T to snorkel independently.

Have reached out to Coral Divers, Go West and Dive Bus. Anyone else I should be trying?

Andrew’s lovely-looking operation, Dive Charter Curaçao, is fully booked that week, marked “Family.” Too bad for me.

Last dove in April 2022 in Grand Turk. Did a refresher then and it certainly all came back. I suppose another refresher or at least a personal DM for one dive wouldn’t hurt.

Your input will be warmly received.
Don't forget to eat a Willi-burger, either at the roadside stand or at Porto Marie.

+1 For Coral Divers, and Willie Burgers!

Well hmph Coral Divers advertises on their Web site that they do boat dives, but an email inquiry got no answer from them.

Go West got back to me promptly and I am signed up for their Watamula day.

Dive Bus was also prompt. They require a checkout dive at their Pierbaai Reef and offer to be my buddies on any other shore dive day. Only decision I am wrestling with is, do I want in fact to abandon the better half for four of our seven full days on the island? I mean, he really is the better half. Shame about the double bypass but I have to respect his decision to stop diving.

Anyone with experience with B Diving or an op at Playa Lagun? Maybe just one or two shore dive days if I can scrape up a buddy.

Thanks for the burger advice. Noted.

I understand the thinking behind boat dives, but the reef and ease of diving at Coral estates will be a very nice easy experience. B Diving is also very nice. Again shore diving. Good beach for you both. Will be plenty of divers to perhaps join or hire one of their DM's.

Back
Top Bottom