Need new mask running out of ideas..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Space

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently purchased the Mares X Vision great fit in the shop but once under water it starts to slowly leak. Needless to say I need a new mask, Anyone have any suggestions?
I was checking out the Seavision mask and they seem pretty cool anyone use these? Just looking for some new idea's.

Blue Space:
I recently purchased the Mares X Vision great fit in the shop but once under water it starts to slowly leak. Needless to say I need a new mask, Anyone have any suggestions?
I was checking out the Seavision mask and they seem pretty cool anyone use these? Just looking for some new idea's.
As I am sure you already know everybodies faces are a bit different so what works for some will not work for others, with that said I bought a Cressi Big Eyes and then heard a lot of bad reviews (leakage problems) afterwards. I have not had the same problems and love the mask. Great fit, above average field of view and the mask is angled towards the bottom giving great view of your gear where as my old mask I had to strain to look down and see anything close to me. YMMV

I believe a lot of people love the Tusa Visualator. I have no experience with it, seeings as my X-vision works fine for me!

I've tried a number of masks from the Big Eyes (hated it) to four window (hated it more) and the best one I have found yet is the ScubaPro frameless. Low volume and large field of vision. Seems to fit alot of faces too. Might be available from other manufacturers at much more attractive prices.

I really like my field of view with the x vision but the damn thing leaks. Today I'm going to try the Cressi Big Eyes and the Horizon to see how they fit. Problem is they will seal fine in the shop but once underwater thats a different story. I was thinking about the Seavision for the low light lens cause I dive mostly low viz lakes. Does anyone know if these lenses really work?

I just used my new SP Clear Vu in the USVI and I really love it! Zero leakage and a good field of vision. My Tusa would squeeze my nose so much that I couldn't equalize the mask without pulling on the nose piece. No such problem now.
Dan

Perhaps you already know all of this, but mask USE is just as important as FIT.
1. Is the skirt unpuckered and flat against your face with no wisps of hair under it, no hood under the edge, no mask strap tail under an edge?
2. Is the strap adjusted so that the mask is snug but not tight?
3. Do you slightly press the mask against your face before entering the water and then NOT exhale through your nose during the dive?
4. Does your snorkel, should you choose to wear one, tug on the mask strap when you turn your head?

Your mask should stay on your face under slight pressure WITHOUT a mask strap, both in and out of the water.

Hope this helps,
theskull

The Mythos is a great mask,cant hardly tell it's on. I have an X too but have had no problems. both very low volume. Rodale rated the Mythos best over all.

Back
Top Bottom