Need PADI AOW soon! anyone know a LDS offering it this time of year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OSS has a w ebsite. Give them a call, they are pretty good people to dive with. They introduced me to most of the Jamestown dive sites.

Also, consider doing AOW on your next vacation at the resort etc. Imagine doing your navigation dive in 100 ft vis or your deep dive were you can see the bottom of the boat.

I actually did my deep dive at the tip of the island at FT wetherill, My instructor (buddy) said if I could guide him to a 90ft + spot, I could do the slate drill and get that dive chalked up. Down the cliff we went.

Undersea Divers in Beverly might be able to help you out. They do a lot of private classes--even through the winter. If you are going to order a dry suit though, you better do it soon. Good luck.

i got my aow for 195 w/ 6 dives in jamaica.
and i think i got my openwater cert for 300 at the turks and caicos.

you might be able to work out a deal with undersea divers considering they know you and that you are a frequent diver with them.

hey are you back at school yet? I was sick last week and i was busy last night so i couldnt dive

Something to keep in mind is that some resort shops want a c-card and a log book to verify that you have experience at that depth. " Certified doesn't mean qualified "

first of all you never even mention how many logged dives you have done and that makes me a little leary of you. secondly your buddy is a "kid" as a master diver and you want to go more than 60' ft. where you don't have the experience. my advice to you is get more dives in or be upfront with the dive shop you wnt to be trained at. let's just say you go more than the 60' and some thing goes wrong and your "kid" master diver isn't where you can find him, would you really know what to do or make it to the surface with that last ounce of breath. if i was you i would be happy and be laid back and live to your next dive. more experience divers have met thier untimely death, do you really want to be next????????????????

nite_diver:
first of all you never even mention how many logged dives you have done and that makes me a little leary of you. secondly your buddy is a "kid" as a master diver and you want to go more than 60' ft. where you don't have the experience. my advice to you is get more dives in or be upfront with the dive shop you wnt to be trained at. let's just say you go more than the 60' and some thing goes wrong and your "kid" master diver isn't where you can find him, would you really know what to do or make it to the surface with that last ounce of breath. if i was you i would be happy and be laid back and live to your next dive. more experience divers have met thier untimely death, do you really want to be next????????????????

Is this a joke nite_diver? You don't know me or anything about my dive habits. I asked for some people to recommend a dive shop-I didn't realize I had to give YOU, the 51 year old letter carrier my diving biography to get it. Maybe it is b/c I used the work "kid" to describe my friend-he has over 500 dives and has been in the Marine Corps for 3 years now-hes no kid. I am not lieing to anybody about my experience, especially a dive shop-I don't know where you pulled that fun little fact from. I think maybe you should get your facts straight before you leave a overly dramatic post accusing me of being a liar.

i dive w/ drew, he definetly has the skill to be aow. i dont kno why you have to be a dick nite_diver, you dont even type correctly; It is hard enough reading your posts that I can develop the idea that you are still doing temp-resort courses.

Not to rain on your parade, but some resort dive shops want an advanced cert AND log book to verify you have experience diving deeper than 60 ft. One of the dive instructors I had would preach " Certified doesn't mean Qualified ". Conditions can change quickly and you might not have the experience to handle the situation. I'll get off my soapbox now but the dive experience is the key. Hope I didn't come across as preaching.

yea I know that, I am still diving this time of year and really, the only way for me to get that experience is first to take the class so I can go out with more experienced divers and learn from them. I appreciate your info tho-it didn't come across as preaching-don't worry about it

hey anvy and reason you want padi.? just wondering....
its more often not the agency but the person training you..
anyway.. good luck.. i think thats the right move for ya

night diver.. where taklin about a AOW calss, not an/deco.
aow. is all about gettin the experence beyone your current cert with the aid, and supervision.

as far as the resorets requiring a cert, and log book..
i have never been resort diving, so i cant say for sure, but if i had to show a log book on a dive boat, id be chewin some rookie dive masters *****
i havent kept a look book in about 2 years or more...and dive with 3 different computers if any depending on what kinda dive im doing, so not even all my downloads are in order...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom