Need PDC hotel recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yes, I swore I’d never go back to MX after doing full cave in August, but due to a variety of reasons, I’m considering going back for a trip in November/December.

I need a hotel recommendation for PDC, though. I stayed at Aventura Mexicana in August, but there was too much walking through the courtyard to get to my room, which was way at the back. The bigger rooms seemed to be more at the front. My knees were very unhappy. I need a hotel with less walking and either ground floor rooms or an elevator (which Aventura Mexicana doesn’t have). Thanks.

hi marie. are you set on a hotel? or would a small condo (studio or 1 bdrm) work?

hi marie. are you set on a hotel? or would a small condo (studio or 1 bdrm) work?
I might consider that.

Air bnb might be an option as well. I laughed when I saw the title and then some more as I read your post. You were so adamant about never flying or going back to MX again... lol

I might consider that.
the aventura is in a great location so if you like that area there would be a ton of condos around there. let me know if you would want to stay in that same area again.

i would not suggest a ground floor unit unless it is an inside unit though (obvious security reasons). but there would also be some nice buildings with elevators avail.

i will look around tonight and get back to you but off the top of my head (and it would depend on your budget of course), the Oceana is a secure property on calle 28 right close to the beach. various property managers rent studios, 1 bed, or larger units etc. the resort is not too big. it is really nice.

the reef 28 is on 1st ave and calle 28. amazing location. newer building. rooftop etc. and i believe has an all inclusive option (probably not what you would want though)

there are so many options. it helps to narrow down the search you need to decide the area you prefer, the size unit you would like, and your budget. does it need to be within a couple of blocks to the beach? etc etc

just for example we had an fantastic 1 bedroom with a private rooftop and a jacuzzi last trip. but it was up on 25th ave. too far from the beach and 5th ave for some people.

we have used air bnb, vrbo, riviera rentals, and las flores to rent units. even expedia offers a lot of condo rentals these days.

the aventura is in a great location so if you like that area there would be a ton of condos around there. let me know if you would want to stay in that same area again.

i would not suggest a ground floor unit unless it is an inside unit though (obvious security reasons). but there would also be some nice buildings with elevators avail.

i will look around tonight and get back to you but off the top of my head (and it would depend on your budget of course), the Oceana is a secure property on calle 28 right close to the beach. various property managers rent studios, 1 bed, or larger units etc. the resort is not too big. it is really nice.

the reef 28 is on 1st ave and calle 28. amazing location. newer building. rooftop etc. and i believe has an all inclusive option (probably not what you would want though)

there are so many options. it helps to narrow down the search you need to decide the area you prefer, the size unit you would like, and your budget. does it need to be within a couple of blocks to the beach? etc etc

just for example we had an fantastic 1 bedroom with a private rooftop and a jacuzzi last trip. but it was up on 25th ave. too far from the beach and 5th ave for some people.

we have used air bnb, vrbo, riviera rentals, and las flores to rent units. even expedia offers a lot of condo rentals these days.
I will be cave diving and not interested in hanging out on the beach. The dive guide would be the same person as my full cave instructor who lives in PDC. She gives rides to dive sites so I don’t have to worry about getting around. Small is fine as it’s just me.

Can't you spell Playa del Carmen or are you texting or showing off or lazy or just tough

Just "Playa" is another common shorthand name for the town. What's wrong with shorthand names? I heard it's quite common in Oz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom