Need some tips or advice to pick a back inflation BC with weight integration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please do yourself a BIG favor and do NOT buy any BC based solely on the recommendation of anyone. Try as many different brands and configurations as possible, then decide based on comfort and fit for YOU. What I like will be different than the next diver, who will be different than the next, etc. because we all have different bodies and preferences for fit and comfort.

I'm one of the folks who has tried a BP/W and didn't like it at all, so won't even consider going that direction. However, had I listened to everyone around here who love it and bought before I tried, I would have wasted my money and time. Unfortunately I learned this the hard way with my first BC, a jacket type. I bought it based on the recommendations of other divers and within 4 dives knew I had made a terrible mistake. Thankfully I had purchased it used and back to ebay it went where it sold quickly and for more than I paid (fortunately). I began my search for a BC right then and wound up finding the BC I dive today...7 years and 400 dives later.

At the prices quoted you must be looking at used gear.
You could put the Zeagle Stiletto on that list, if you can find one the right size. It probably deserves to be at the top of your list.

Capt.Gene,

Kind of interesting that you have a link in your sig line, that you presumably hope people click, yet you respond to a thread where the OP has provided you with links to each BC listed in the OP, obviously without clicking on any of the links. :shakehead:

Size is the big Q with regards to that list in the OP; for the first BC listed there are only small and x-large models (that's why it's a closeout). :idk:

At the prices quoted you must be looking at used gear.
You could put the Zeagle Stiletto on that list, if you can find one the right size. It probably deserves to be at the top of your list.

All those are new from LeisurePro, although I could tell some models are going to be discontinued, like the Oceanic Islander, as there is an Islander II now.

I have an Aries Reef rider which is a clone of the Oceanic Islander. I like it. Well balanced in the water and pretty easy to pack. Not as small as some newer travel bcds but a good compromise for the sturdier build. Mine is 5 lbs after I striped off the extra padding and cummerbund.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom