need your help with incredible Dive Canada Adventure.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For diving in nova scotia, there is good diving in sydney, i think scuba tech could get you set up for a few dives.
In halifax, you could hit up torpedo rays for some dives.
In newfoundland, bell island wrecks are a must see
In Ontario there is lots of options. between cornwall and kingston along the st lawrence river there are a ton of dive sites well worth seeing.....tons of different charters in the various towns along the way. One had mentioned tobermory......tobermory is nice, but the wrecks are getting quite tired there..... unfortunately a lot of them are just piles of sticks now....but the water is super clear.....fairly cold though.

In Quebec, the best recreational spots are definitely "Les escoumins" and "Gaspésie". In the first, there is a dive base with air and changing places FQAS --> Base de plonge. In the second, there are two "cities" you can dive from: Forillon and Percé. In Gaspésie, you may get to dive with seals :)
Two good books: "Guide de plongée au Québec" http://www.amazon.ca/Guide-sites-plongée-Québec-N-E/dp/2890009106 (if you can read french ;-) )
and the "bible" for great lakes diving: "The Great lakes diving guide" by Chris Kohl The Great Lakes Diving Guide Second Edition: Cris Kohl: 9780967997698: Amazon.com: Books. He also wrote two "top 100 best dives sites", one for lake ontario, Huron and Erie and one for lakes Michigan and Superior.

As for the Empress of Ireland, it is definitely a most if you have the experience and equipment for it. It is deep, dark, cold with lots of shifting currents. I would not recommend diving it with singles... Also, the weather is tricky, you may spend a week in Rimouski and not be able to dive it or get there for 2 days and do 4 dives on it, depending on the weather.

I dive the Empress in Quebec about 4 times a year and other locations I've never been asked if I have a diving tag its all BS

In halifax, you could hit up torpedo rays for some dives.

I tried to arrange a dive with TorpedoRays on a week day and even offered to hire a DM but got no bites for them. I ended up "hiring" TMHeimer (he was really cheap!) to take me on some local dives - we had a blast!

I dive the Empress in Quebec about 4 times a year and other locations I've never been asked if I have a diving tag its all BS

really i thought they were all over that fqas thing ...............

I tried to arrange a dive with TorpedoRays on a week day and even offered to hire a DM but got no bites for them. I ended up "hiring" TMHeimer (he was really cheap!) to take me on some local dives - we had a blast!

A couple of years ago I did St Margaret's Bay with a local diver and then a weeknight dive with Torpedo Rays, it was a group dive, saw my first ever wolf eel!

Quadra Island off the middle of Vancouver Island had amazing diving.

Hope somebody chimes in about PEI, Saskatchewan and the Yukon.

What a great idea for a trip!

I dove NS a couple years ago (it is good having family with their own beach on St. Margaret's Bay) and hooked up with locals through friends and local diving boards/shops. I spent a lot of time in Divers World which is not far off #103 and is in fact off #3 (St. Margarets Bay Road). I only really used them for fills but happened to invest in a new HP120 as well :D. They were good IMO. This was about 6-7 years ago.

Thanks a lot everybody! We are right now in the process of doing a rough selection of dive sites and looking at all of the logistics.

Stay tuned for more to come.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom