Nekton (Bad News)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike s,

I'm pretty sure it says no annual reports filed, because they file annual reports with New Mexico. So Florida would not have the annual reports on its system for viewing. This is simply stating that Nekton is a Foreign (to Florida) company, and they just filed their paperwork today. If I am not mistaken these reports are due by May 1st, therefore suggesting cash flow may have been a problem to not getting it done sooner, but again NOT that they moved to New Mexico..........

mike s,

I'm pretty sure it says no annual reports filed, because they file annual reports with New Mexico. So Florida would not have the annual reports on its system for viewing. This is simply stating that Nekton is a Foreign (to Florida) company, and they just filed their paperwork today. If I am not mistaken these reports are due by May 1st, therefore suggesting cash flow may have been a problem to not getting it done sooner, but again NOT that they moved to New Mexico..........

Thanks for the update. :thumb:

makes sense.

I thought they had flown a generator to the location it was at in the caribbean to try to do it that way? (while in water) of course that didn't work either, requiring them to bring the boat back to Port St Joe.... which backs up your point.

another note, where the Rorqual is tied up, there are no cranes or booms to load/lower a generator onto the boat either. (unless they bring in a portable one).
I read somewhere (maybe the other post) that they couldn't load the generator from the top so will have to cut open the hulls to replace them. (don't quote me on that) So I assume that in drydock, all they'd need is that forklift/crane that shows up in front of the Pilot occasionally on the webcam.

Once they pull it out of the water of course...

john dixon is a liar and a thief. i hope the deal goes through and he sells the company . he doesnt deserve to run a company. he wont even return his employees phone calls. he thinks it is ok to not pay them the money that is owed through credit card tips. the rourqual sits in port st joes , waiting to see if she will get fixed and ever return to the ocean. thanks john, you are a wonderful person.

Certainly lots of activity today regarding the Nekton saga. I've stayed out of it for a while. In business, if something looks awry it usually is. I urged a little restrain the other day hoping some positive things would emerge. I'm still looking.

The New Mexico issue comes at an odd time but is required by tax law. I believe its a a private Corp and doesn't have to issue a public Annual Report. It would be nice to take a look at it though.

The whole situation is weird and communications seem to be breaking down with their employees and their customer base. This is not a positive sign. This is not the way a solid and forward thinking company acts.

I think my money may be lost and only partially recoverable on my tax return as a bad debt.

I'm just thankful the CE II had space for the May 15th sailing. There are 20 MPH winds but I have Trip Tone and the water beckons.

Don

Good luck, Don--I hope you have a great trip and am looking forward to a trip report when you get back!
Talk to your doctor about oral scopolamine--the stuff works like a charm!

I read somewhere (maybe the other post) that they couldn't load the generator from the top so will have to cut open the hulls to replace them. (don't quote me on that) So I assume that in drydock, all they'd need is that forklift/crane that shows up in front of the Pilot occasionally on the webcam.

Once they pull it out of the water of course...

yeah... I read that I think also... (or maybe it was an assumption on the posters part).

from what I understand, they flew in a mechanic and a "short blocK" (minus heads, manifolds, etc) to the island it was operating out of and they got it in, thinking this would fix the problem.

However, there was still a problem and it wouldn't run properly. (oil pressure, etc).

so they apparently got it in without drydock. but that's an assumption also. (as most of us were not there....)

so... then they decided to limp it back to Port St Joe and cancel right now about 3 weeks of charter guests/passengers. Figure that could easily be $$20k to $30k on average, per week.

I'm not sure how that's cheaper than if you're going to airfreight in a generator, and a mechanic, to not send in one that is a known tested unit in good working order, instead of "half of one".

just seems a little crazy to me.... :idk:

Ultimate Getaway leaves out of Ft Myers for the Tortugas. It's 'bunk sleeping' but a great trip. I'd had a blast on it.

The Spree leaves out of Key West for the Tortugas and some keys. They seem to run a good operation. you can PM [user]wookie[/user] on this board as he's the operator/captain.

the Playmate leaves out of Key West for the Tortugas. I'll let you research this one yourself.

the Juliet sales out of south Florida. It has very good reports that I've seen.

Blue Iguana charters does short trips out of Key Largo I think. Capt Scott on this board. Don't know anyone who's gone on them though.

Paradise Charters leaves out of south Florida for Bimini areas. seen some good and bad reviews ofthem.

Dolphin Charters leaves out of Riveria Beach.(West Palm). I think to the Bahamas. I know one person who's gone on their trip and liked it.

Shearwater... don't know anything about it.

I'm sure I missed one somewhere.

I have experience with both JULIET and SPREE, and both boats are first class outfits, will treat you right, I have NO hesitation recommending them to you ! (I don't have any experience with any of the other boats on this list.

Back
Top Bottom