Nekton in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Nitrox is limited because it is pumped slower and there is less storage. But like Dive Maven said "watch your MOD!" some of the holes are pretty deep.

Michael

I just put my deposit down for Cay Sal Bank which departs on Saturday, July 11th.

Our wacky schedules ended up being the deciding factors, but I was happy to hear that Cay Sal AND Medio are both excellent trips.

The information about the trips and the Nekton in general was EXTREMELY helpful!

:mooner:I just got off the Nekton Rorqual i am now waiting at the airport after seven days stuck at the dock in puerto rico. I wish i could tell you that this liveaboard was worth it but it wasnt. A group of 19 customers spent 12+ hours waiting to board a vessel that was never going to leave port. Some arrangments were made to allow us to dive from the area, but the conditions were poor. After discovering a great dive spot on the west coast, we rented a car and hotel and finally got some great diving,at additional expense. As for the crew of this vessel they provided us with outstanding service durring this unfortunate mishap. They have our gratitude for trying to make a bad situation as enjoyable as possible. We will be waiting to hear from the owner as to our expenses/compensation with regard to this incident.

Dockhuggers, I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. My experience with Nekton,both as a crew member (many years ago) and as a guest is that management has always been FAIR to guests who encounter these types of unfortunate situations. As has been relayed on this thread numerous times, "poop" does happen, it is in the nature of dealing with vessels, mechanical failures, and mother nature.

Just out of curiosity, how far in advance did you book this particular charter? I think you know why I'm asking this question, and I think your answer would certainly shed light on what FAIR compensation is justified. I await an honest response.

Back
Top Bottom