Nekton Pilot Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubachick79:
I've been on 3 Nekton trips without a S.O. and most passengers were VERY friendly and open to adding divers to their flocks. After first day or so it's usually very easy to ask if you can join various dive buddy teams, especially if you exhibit good diving skills and courtesy first day out. I buddied up with fellow u/w photog's.

You can always look into taking a specialty course that will guarantee a crew member as a dive buddy to get your week started. Be wary of the Nekton's office staff as they don't always get the correct info about which crew members are on board each week. I signed up for a photo class and didn't know until boarding that there were no u/w photo instructors that week. The captain was really great about giving me pointers and turned it into a mini-course but wasn't able to dive with me. The crew members on both boats are just great and will do anything you wish to make your week a blast!

mchiapetto: I've stayed in upper deck cabins all 3 times and didn't have any significant problems with noise. You probably don't want cabin 4 which is directly adjacent to the salon and TV, but all others on main deck are quite nice and closest to all the ammenities. Best cabin on board is the main deck, starboard side, bow (front corner). Very little foot traffic above this cabin and furthest from Salon so it's the quietest on the boat.

Been on two Nekton trips. Almost every dive was with different buddies; buddy-pairs and groups made dynamically as groups went diving off ramp (no chase boats, no set entry times).

I try to buddy up with experienced photographers because they seen to be the best at finding stuff.

Back
Top Bottom