Nekton Rorqual 7/25/09 - 8/1/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any of you ever consider direct deposit ? As career military and later a field service engineer travelling all over the world I found this to be solution to timeley pay.

Direct deposit is great but not all companies offer it. Does the Nekton?

Direct deposit is great but not all companies offer it. Does the Nekton?

When I was on the boat we did not have direct deposit, but the accountant would deposit my check into my Ft. Lauderdale bank account.

Nekton does have direct deposit...however, DD is not a fix all. Deposits still need to be made on a timely fashion and there in-lies most of the problem. On time payroll.

does anyones source know how the drug test results went? i heard they all came back clean. also heard the pilot lost both engines. whoops. guess we're getting a jump start on shipyard this year eh?

does anyones source know how the drug test results went? i heard they all came back clean. also heard the pilot lost both engines. whoops. guess we're getting a jump start on shipyard this year eh?

What is this about the pilot losing engines? I am supposed to cruise on the Pilot in 8 days?:depressed:

As far as I know, it would be illegal to reveal drug test results (federal HIPPA laws). Have not heard about the engines, but if I hear anything, will keep you posted.

I have just taken the St Croix trip last week ( 8/8 - 8/15 ) and i had a spectacular time. The crew was very fun and we had fun teasing the newbies that started the same day we arrived. Everyone kept everything running smoothly and took care of us very well. We heard some of the stories for the other crew and was unfortunate to hear but you know how drama goes and gets out of hand.

The diving was great my favorite spot was the pier and the dual wrecks of the barge and tug. At the Pier we did a few 80 min dives and did 2 snorkeling sessions for 2.5 hours each. The only dive that wasn't to appealing was the first day of diving at the island right off of Puerto Rico but it was it a great spot to get your gear set and comfortable for the whole week.

The Negatives: As any trip there are a few negatives but the positives outweighed the negatives. There were a few things that broke, the dive deck had a hydrolic cable break, one of the water lines broke which stopped the toilets and shower, and lastly the cookies weren't ready as soon as we got out of the water.( LOL, the food was good just kidding) The crew worked very hard and didn't let anything interrupt our trip and everything that could have been fixed was fixed ASAP and the rest they managed to get working. We didn't see our engineer very much but when we did he was very tired, very hungry, and very dirty.
:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead: There was only one thing on the trip that made me so mad and disappointing as a diver. It was the other Guests that were on the boat. The ones i refer to were the worst divers in history, they would lay on the reef, kick the coral, break coral and sponges off because they wanted there picture. It got so bad that on a night dive i was looking at a octopus while 4 feet off the bottom and they just swam up and hit me in the face with their first stage, didn't even bother to stop and just kept going as if nothing happened. I mean if they were beginning divers i could let it slide but through all their bragging i :lotsalove: i found out they had hundreds of dives and very expensive cameras and made me cry to think of the hundreds of reefs they have demolished. :angrymob:

Thank you Nekton for providing us with a fabulous crew and an awesome experience. I plan on spreading the word to everyone that Nekton's good name has finally been restored for the Rorqual. Cant wait to jump aboard again.

P.S. I got the ninja skills :no:

Winguric....Thanks for the positive report....good to hear since I'll be going in October.

Did you say anything to those people who damaged the Coral and hit you in the face with their first stage?....I never have a problem telling people what they did or are doing when I am topside....LOL....they usually stay clear of me the next time were in the water!...I appreciate it when someone tells me if I am inadvertently rude or damaged something.

all the drug tests came back clean. way to go for a drug free crew! John Dixon has been out on the Pilot all this week due to the pilot losing both engines (this is not the first time this has happened) the pilot also lost the entire dive deck during a reposition, which is whats going to happen on the rorqual if they dont get the hydrolics fixed. They've been working on those for months. the engineer gets them fixed "good enough" and then they break again in a couple weeks and the crew has to stay up all night to help. Kris is very good at "looking busy" we actually wouldnt see him for days cause he was always sick. guess thats what you get when you hire someone who has no previous engineering experience. Get what you pay for i guess lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom