Nemo Wide Batt Level

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pete Ve

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Folks
I just received my Nemo Wide today,it looks great! I can't wait to try it out. My question is this, I received my computer with a new battery taped to the outside of the box and had to install it because the battery inside the unit was at 5%. Why would a brand new computer come with a depleted battery? I was hesitant to change the battery but had little choice. This is not a big deal but I am curios.
Thanks
Pete V

Pete,

We had a few Nemo Wide batteries that were reporting to be bad upon arrival to the consumer. We could not identify these because it was not all of them and there was no way to determine exactly how many it was. So at the time we had this issue we inserted a new battery into evry unit we had in stock. This way in a case like yours when a new unit has a bad battery, you do not need to go back to the LDS or Mares, you already have the new battery.

Enjoy your new computer.

Phil

Phil,
Thank you for the prompt reply. I had to change the battery myself, as I live quite far from a dealer. Although including a new battery fixes the problem from your perspective,it raises a lot of questions and subjects me to the ultimate liability if the unit gets flooded! I'm not so sure this is very fair.
Thank you again for your response
Pete Ve

Pete,

Changing the battery is fairly simple. I can send you details on how to do this if you would like, just PM me you email address. If you are uncomfortable doing this, send me a PM and we can arrange to have it done for you.

Phil

Phil,
Again I thank you for a very prompt response. Thank you, but I have already changed the battery. I am just a little concerned by the warranty disclaimers associated with changing the battery myself.
Thank you
Pete Ve

Pete,

Feel confident that if you have a problem with your computer, I will fix it for you.

Unfortunatly we have to put in many disclaimers, you would be shocked at some of the things we get back and what caused the problem.

Enjoy

Phil,
Thanks,I appreciate your consideration. I'm not sure I would be surprised, I did some work in customer service during my working career, but I am sure I haven't seen it all. There are some very creative folks out there!!
Thanks
Pete Ve

I've had my Nemo Wide long enough that I've had to change the battery twice - both times while traveling.

I have not had any problem with mine after a battery change. Mares has made this fairly foolproof. (of course, nothing is every completely foolproof - because the fools are so ingenious!!! :D:D:D )

Thank you all . I too am impressed with the Mares folks and am glad
I chose the Nemo Wide and as a result will purchase Mares products in the future.
Sincerely
Pete Ve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom