Neptune Memorial Reef Dive and BBQ 1/13/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquatic Ventures

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We are new to the board and would like to introduce ourselves and invite you to come join us on Sunday, January 13th for an 8:30am dive with Divers Paradise on Key Biscayne http://www.keydivers.com. After diving we will have a cookout which includes hotdogs, hamburgers etc. We will also provide non alcoholic drinks, but please feel free to bring your own beverage of choice!

We will be diving a wreck (Probably Tortuga or Princess Britney) to be determined and then Neptune Memorial Reef (45ft) http://www.nmreef.com/nmreef.html. Please check out the website for Neptune Memorial Reef, it’s not your average artificial reef. It will be fun for new divers as well as advanced divers, and an opportunity for some great photos for those underwater photographers.

The dive trip/cookout will cost $60 per person without tanks and $80 with tanks. Feel free to stop by the shop, or give us a call and we can collect payment via phone with a credit card. Divers must be at the dock no later than 8:00am. We will be leaving our dive shop at 7:15am if you would like to car pool down to Miami with us.

Please confirm with us by Friday, January 11th via phone or e-mail.

If you haven’t joined the Aquatic Ventures Dive Club for an outing, this is the time to come out, get wet, and have a blast!

Please give Josh or Rachel a call if you have any questions. 954-965-7919

Hello and Welcome .... wow sounds like you have a fun day planned, wish I could join u :wink:
Kim P

The mooring buoy for the neptune reef has been cut, just letting you know
not that your dive boat will need it, but might use it as a marker?

It's a cool reef though, have fun

Report any mooring buoy cutting to chan 16 VHF

the mooring bouys do great in the keys, they are all over and for a good reason.

Dade tryed mooing bouys on a reef or two in the past and finally gave up, cuase dive boats were cutting them. They thought they were loosing business since any tom dick and harry could now find it.
With GPS becoming so poular and cheap, I'd hope that the mooring buoy cutting would stop.

Was looking into doing this dive, sounded interesting, however I have a commitment on Sunday.

Was at this reef again today, it's such a fun dive.

Wanted to let you know this week one of the columns broke in half the top have is laying in the sand 10ft. away and it slit in half again.

Mostliy due to someone anchoring on this site since there is no where to moor.

I have an oversized danfouth anchor (made for sand) it was properly set and still wound up ontop of the reef today. THe current was ripping today. I fixed the anchor to not hurt the structures once I was down there but I can see how these structures are going to keep getting damagd without the mooring buoy.

Each time I go there is 1 or 2 white spotted eels. He hides pretty good though, but always has his mouth stickin out somewhere. There's no green morays though. no where for them to fit.

Theres lots of hermit craps pretty big ones, and tons and tons of those sea biscuit urchins, and a few sand dollars. I've seen big tarpoon there twice now too. At night the sea biscuits get into groups of about 20, its wierd to see. Also at night you can really see that everything is starting to get coral encrusted. And the fish sleep on the high columns.

I've been here 5 times and not one was there any other divers here. It's so new that not many people dive it or even know that it's there. So you guys will enjoy having it all to yourselves.

My photos of this site can be found here: Atlantis Memorial Reef - Miami :: Scuba Diving Photographs and Pictures - Dive Spots

I was taken to the Neptune site. Amaizing! I understand it's just the beginning of a 16 acre area they have to build on. Look foroward to my next dive there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom