Never seen the Pacific

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bennedc

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi. Being an Alabama gal, I have never seen the Pacific. I have never been diving in water colder than 68 F. I live a very sheltered, sad :huhu: life that consists of Gulf Mex diving, FL freshwater springs, and Carribean diving. I have been told that SoCal diving is the best. Is that right? I might take a 4-day quickie out sometime and need some ideas. What 'cha got for me?

Hmmm, only excellent diving. Our kelp forrest is a must see. Our dive boats tend to operate only on the weekends so you should plan your diving for Friday, Saturday and Sunday with Monday for Disnyland or Knottsberry Farm or perhaps Rodale drive would be better for you.

Catalina, would be the ticket. If you don't want to boat dive or if weekends are not possible, we also have some excellent beach dives.

http://www.sandeaters.org has dive site descriptions of beach dives.
http://californiadiveboats.com/ has the dive boats and their schedles. The Great Escape and the Peace are two boats I would recommend.

While it is not as warm as other places, we have awsome underwater scenery, especially the kelp forests at Catalina.

wetrat:
Maybe these awesome videos will help you make up your mind whether to come out or not!! :D They were done by So Cal divers Taxgeek and Reeveseye, respectively.

Channel Islands Diving by Taxgeek

Sealions of Anacapa by Reeveseye
Listen carefully to the 'rat! He squeaks the truth!! Make sure you post here in our forum when you'll be visiting, and allow some of us to share our favorite parts of our favorite world with you :D . The temperatures get quite a bit kinder starting in late June, and lasting through September. Weekend boat diving is THE way to go!
Cheers :D
Claudette

The diving's good. But the people...

:D

Yeah, it's just ok :D

Nov%208%202003%20(93)scenic.jpg

wetrat:
Maybe these awesome videos will help you make up your mind whether to come out or not!! :D They were done by So Cal divers Taxgeek and Reeveseye, respectively.

Channel Islands Diving by Taxgeek

Sealions of Anacapa by Reeveseye
Those videos are awesome! Send me links to some more! I'm almost convinced...if I had the $$ I think I'd be on the plane this weekend.

Rick Inman:
The diving's good. But the people...

:D
...ARE EVEN BETTER!!!

Thank you, dear Rick, for a beautiful opening! We've heard many good things about PNE divers, too. (Although dealing with ice on a drysuit causes me to agree with Priscilla.... you must have to leave your brain behind on land, again and again!) :D

bennedc:
Those videos are awesome! Send me links to some more! I'm almost convinced...

What!!!!????:shocked: Still not convinced? Well okay then..... here's another video by Reeveseye: Cathedral at Anacapa. I'd also suggest clicking through some of our old dive reports - as you can see from ChrisM's photo, we have some EXCELLENT photographers in this forum. Perhaps MaxBottomtime or Divinman would be willing to post one or two of their favorites!!!

BTW - Claudette - these Anacapa videos have me COMPLETELY STOKED for the Mo2vation dive this weekend!!! I shall see you there in all your enthusiastic diving splendor!!! Lol, Rick - yes, we are a bit self-absorbed down here. It's a Hollywood thing!! :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom