New 6.92" Megalodon Tooth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice. Congrats!

I've been out fossiling with Mark a few times. He's a hoot! Nice book too!

Thanks All. I was lucky to find it. I am sure there are others out there all over just waiting for us.

OOOHHH SOOOOOO NICE !!!
Guess my husband and I will have to try the Savannah River next time. How do the viz and current compare to the Cooper?

I never dove the Cooper. I do not dive the Savannah River, just near there. Too many container ships there. The vis is almost zero most of the time.

That's about the nicest Meg tooth I've ever seen. Got this 5 1/2er last year, but the enamal wasn't great on the one side.

Attachments

• Meg Teeth.jpg
    Meg Teeth.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 225
I've never dove the Savannah river in the tidal zone but have dove it about 70 miles inland and I think its more challenging than the Cooper. The Cooper is dark and deep but pretty clear once on bottom with a light. I think the Savannah has more current, more snags, and worse viz. Maybe it's just me but I never feel "At ease" in the Savannah like I do in the Cooper.

I've never dove the Savannah river in the tidal zone but have dove it about 70 miles inland and I think its more challenging than the Cooper. The Cooper is dark and deep but pretty clear once on bottom with a light. I think the Savannah has more current, more snags, and worse viz. Maybe it's just me but I never feel "At ease" in the Savannah like I do in the Cooper.

I have heard that there were a lot of trees in the Savannah upriver. I know near downtown Savannah the container ships make diving dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom