New benchmark for LED lights: VB-50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They look like nice lights, but with the exchange rate that works out to over $260 for a 3 AA light. Shipping will bring the price even higher. I think you've priced it too high when compared with the competition.

Adam

I get $225 for the X1 FF with a 3* spot and 3 AA 's... I searched and did not come up with any equivalent 3* beam, 250 Lumen lights.

With which ones/price are you comparing it to?

I get $225 for the X1 FF with a 3* spot and 3 AA 's... I searched and did not come up with any equivalent 3* beam, 250 Lumen lights.

With which ones/price are you comparing it to?

I'm referring to the variable beam light which is 183 uros without the Vat. It's the X1-VB

http://www.mb-sub.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Retail_X1.pdf

and the exchange rate is 1 euro=1.44 dollars.

There's certainly no point buying the fixed beam light as you can buy a good fixed beam compact light for way under $100 with shipping. For example the Dorcy is under $50. And we all know the LEDs are getting better all the time. So your gold-plated light will lose most of its value in a couple of years.

Adam

Hi Adam,

some day you will hold in your hand one of these LED-lights and then you will understand why some people like the extraordinary. :)

BTW, the X1 lights are provided for upgrade with better LEDs in the future

Michael

Hi Adam,

some day you will hold in your hand one of these LED-lights and then you will understand why some people like the extraordinary. :)

BTW, the X1 lights are provided for upgrade with better LEDs in the future

Michael

I'm sure you have lots of customers in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

With the MSRP for a Halcyon Scout at $199, Michael's lights seem like a downright bargain :) and with the head being designed for LED upgrades in the future, you'll probably be OK for awhile light wise.

Michael, what's the story with distribution in the US? Is Golem Gear your distributor?

Henrik

With the MSRP for a Halcyon Scout at $199, Michael's lights seem like a downright bargain :) and with the head being designed for LED upgrades in the future, you'll probably be OK for awhile light wise.

Michael, what's the story with distribution in the US? Is Golem Gear your distributor?

Henrik

I don't see the X1-VB on the Golemgear site.

Michael;

How will warranty (if needed) work for your lights? Will Golem Gear be able to make simple repairs or will the light have to ship back to you?

Do you have a light output vs. time graph for the VB-50?

Do you have any in-water reports for this light yet - I know I may be jumping the gun?

I'm really liking this light - as per specs and pictures. You're showing what is to come in LED lighting down the road and so far it's looking great :)

Henrik

Back
Top Bottom