new BP and wings...got questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I lOVE mine!!
Used to dive with a Ranger and that is sitting on the hanger in the garage. Probably will be until I sell it. When I got mine a few months back I couldn't find anyone locally that dove with one. The set up was done by reading and checking out the websites. The www.baue.org was very helpful in setting things up.

I too like the bottom dump when under, the inflater dump works best when your starting out.

Make sure you've got enough belt in your thickest wetsuit before you trim it down. I even left a bit for future growth (hope that doesn't happen).

I also read a few posts on this board about some harness chafing due to sharp edges. So I took the Dremel tool and touch up the edges of the plate where the harness thread through.

You won't regret the "upgrade", I know I sure haven't. :)

Thanks for the advise guys! Now I gotta tell you what I think after diving it twice.

I love it. I was shown how to adjust it at my LDS (by people who use it), so that was taken care of.
OK, the Back dump works really well, the wing traps no air so when you dump air...you really dump air! At the surface I could be vertical w/ no problem, thats a big diffrence from my old BC.
In the water I felt "skiny" nothing holding me back, awsome.

I noticed during my first dive how much higher the tank sits, yet I dont hit my head w/ it, with my old BC (Zeagle) the tank was super low but if I raised it I would hit my head (go figure!).

Im never gonna dive a regular BC again (...if I have the choice)

Thanks

ps anyone interested in buying a Zeagle?

Picked mine today with 36 wing Diving it in the morning let you know.

Tom

Hey Guys.
Quick Question. Where do you place your tank with respect to the top tank strap? The closer the tank is to your head, the more you will tilt down, the further down the tank is on your body, the more head up you will have. Am I right with this? Thanks

Danny

GeronimoDF once bubbled...
Hey Guys.
Quick Question. Where do you place your tank with respect to the top tank strap? The closer the tank is to your head, the more you will tilt down, the further down the tank is on your body, the more head up you will have. Am I right with this? Thanks

Danny
Yep that is correct, as far as where to put the tank that is going to be trial and error (best done in a pool). You'll be suprised the amount of difference tank placement makes.

Dove it today Absolutly Loved it.

New Reg Also Sweet set-up

Tom:)

I found that putting my tank about 2 fingers width down from the highest point of the wing works for me.
...But your body composition will determine the location thats right for you.

Back
Top Bottom