new C5050 user

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone for the responses, I'm sure i'm not the only one who can learn from the posts on this thread.

Dave

Question for the veteran C5050 Zoom gang. I have the Ikelite housing (#6130.55)and am interested in getting a good wide angle lens. Looks like Inon and Epoque are the top choices but where's the best place to buy one and do I need any special adaptor or are these lenses compatible with the outer ring on the Ikelite housing.

Thanks in advance,

'Slogger

Footslogger:
Question for the veteran C5050 Zoom gang. I have the Ikelite housing (#6130.55)and am interested in getting a good wide angle lens. Looks like Inon and Epoque are the top choices but where's the best place to buy one and do I need any special adaptor or are these lenses compatible with the outer ring on the Ikelite housing.

Thanks in advance,

'Slogger

http://www.reefphoto.com/index.php?main_page=index&zenid=4d6d8e9db46bb3a2f2c6675d1fa23bc8

Great shop! Ask for Ryan.

N@cro$i$,

I use the optical cable setup to get the strobe to fire. When you buy the strobe it comes with material to cover the internal camera flash (at least mine did from Ryan). The covering allows only infrared light to pass through. Whe the internal flash fires the infrared light is picked up by the optical cable that is positioned on the diffuser. This light triggers the D-2000 to fire.

I shoot everything in Macro, manual mode, and in RAW format. On occasion, when snorkeling, instead of diving, I will use the Program mode for simplicity. Topside, I might shoot either manual RAW or in the Program mode, depending on what I'm doing.

The only problems I've ever had were all operator error. I have accidently set the camera to Super Macro mode, instead of Macro, in which case the flash will not fire. Very disconcerting until you figure out what you've done.

Denny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom