New Cavern Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

big congrats! may you enjoy it safely.

James, I can see the addiction. Matter of fact, I looked at one of your posts with the pics. Is one the entrance to Peacock 1?

As a matter of fact it is. Let me know when you come down. If I am at home I will do some cavern dives with you.

Congrats! You haven't seen anything yet. Great things await, once you can go past the grim reaper sign. :)

big congrats! may you enjoy it safely.

Thanks, and will do!!

---------- Post added January 9th, 2013 at 06:53 AM ----------

Congrats! You haven't seen anything yet. Great things await, once you can go past the grim reaper sign. :)

Again thanks. I did pop the grim reaper in the chops after laying line in Peacock 1, shined my can light past the reaper in 1, up the slope at Orange Grove, through the restriction at The Eye and just kind of hung on in the Ear:) Lots of polishing and training to do!!

---------- Post added January 9th, 2013 at 06:54 AM ----------

As a matter of fact it is. Let me know when you come down. If I am at home I will do some cavern dives with you.

PM sent, thanks.

Just make sure you don't go past it until you have the training and experience.

i got your PM.

Just make sure you don't go past it until you have the training and experience.

i got your PM.

Oh no, I consider myself a silt puppy lapping my warm saucer of milk while gaining training and experience in the cavern area.

Congratulations on Cavern! Standing at the door! Cavern felt to me like the "Discover Scuba" of cave diving, and it hooked me. My instructor took me in for a 'peek' after I finished Cavern, under the (as far as I know unwritten) rule that your instructor can take you one level beyond your training. He was kind of like a heroin dealer, giving a free taste; once I saw the gallery at Ginnie I was hooked -- amazed that such a place existed and that I was there. Took my first cave class the next month.

And a whole new set of gear to buy!

Congratulations on Cavern! Standing at the door! Cavern felt to me like the "Discover Scuba" of cave diving, and it hooked me.
And a whole new set of gear to buy!

Just being in the cavern area hooked me. As for gear, I either already had or purchased what I would need. We studied the NSS CDS Cavern Cave Workbook and dove BP/W doubles, long hose, everything tucked down tight, line cutter, shears, can light, two backup lights, spare mask, reels down all the way down to wet notes. Had so much fun I could pee myself right now....oh wait, better not...I've got a suit on:D

Oh the gear purchasing just began. Soon you will need backups for your backups. Lol

$1000 primary and backup dive computers, backup drysuit, backup can light, gopro3 black, video lights, scooter, travel tanks, stage tanks, deco tanks, all with regs and gauges, and once all that's in hand then it's time to switch to sidemount.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom