New computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

liesbeth:
Hi,
Do you have some more details about this computer, I'm searching on the web, but do not find any information.

I should get a mCCR rebreather in spring, but do not have an adequate computer for it. In the begining I will use tables, but will certainly buy a computer in a near futur.

Thank you for any information you can supply.

Chears,
Liesbeth (Geneva)

Expected details:

Anondized AL case made in USA

Useability: Lamar wanted something user-friendly and familiar, so expect the unit to be similar to the Nitek He when it comes to setting the mixes, advancing through the different modes, etc. Of course there are new extras, such as a graph in the logbook mode. When diving, the format of the display will be similar to the He, as well (the same things will be in the same place). Yes, the numbers are bigger too.

Naturally, the VR3 was dived and examined, and they tried to get all of the useful stuff that it does into this computer (diving related, anyways – No games, and oh yeah – No color). It will be able to be used as a CCR computer with or without a cable that is to be connected to an oxygen sensor. This should also enable you to use this dive computer as an oxygen analyzer.

Modified Buehlmann algorithm with gradient factors (conservatism levels). The first will be very similar to what the He is now. The second will mimic RGBM and the third will mimic VPMB.

Don’t know pricing yet… but I do know there will be a USB upload to a PC and new dive planning software is in the works too…

dude!!!

hey you should get a naming fee or something ... like ... a free Nitek X!!!

not to mention bragging rights!

HI All - Talked to Pete on Sat 21 April, he said the press release on their new beast is at the dealer now. He said expect late spring delivery, but the reps will have it at the end of May for show 'N' tell. If you want info email him pete@diverite.com

I have the HE and would consider upgrading if a few concerns are addressed in the new computer.

- Is the issue with the software conflict between the PO2 and DECO alarms going to be fixed in the new version?

- Will the computer maintain gas mixes in memory so they don't have to be entered manually every day?

- Is the log corruption problem going to be fixed?

If so, I would seriously consider purchasing the new version.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom