New dive resort Cozumel Dive School

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike sobel still does some work with dive paradise. He also uses blue angel. I saw him teaching this week at hotel Cozumel. I get confused on all his different schools he has going. He has a good Facebook page
This appears to me like some of his students are opening a school in Cozumel. It says all staff trained by mike sobel. I didn't see him today before I left ,but was going to ask him.

Rossandmaureen & Oldbear: Thank you, we will try our best to be as good as we can become.

Skittl1321: $15 is not a DSD as kmurray719 said. Only 15 min in a pool breathing under water to try it out.

Gopbroek: This is absolutely not a re branding of Blue Angel. Eva have her own business and we are just buying spaces on her boats for teaching our students.

Diverokc: Mike is still running his own business and is currently doing IDC at Dive Paradise. And yes, you are correct, that some of his former students are opening their own school on Cozumel.

Ken

Welcome to Scuba Board and good luck with he new venture.

Don't be a stranger...

Oldbear.

Kenneth Strömberg;7427676:
Rossandmaureen & Oldbear: Thank you, we will try our best to be as good as we can become.

Skittl1321: $15 is not a DSD as kmurray719 said. Only 15 min in a pool breathing under water to try it out.

Gopbroek: This is absolutely not a re branding of Blue Angel. Eva have her own business and we are just buying spaces on her boats for teaching our students.

Diverokc: Mike is still running his own business and is currently doing IDC at Dive Paradise. And yes, you are correct, that some of his former students are opening their own school on Cozumel.

So you guys have started a legal corporation and have all of your immigration papers, licenses, permits, registered with SAT, etc? I guess immigration has changed their policies on granting VISA's to new foreign instructors - foreigners meaning non-Mexican. They stopped granting those VISA's years ago unless the candidate had some very unique qualifications. Corporations also must have a 10:1 ratio of foreigners to Mexican nationals - has that changed too? Am I out of the loop as a business owner?

Last edited:
Of course they do, Christi. After all, they're the number one school in Coz. Sorry you got demoted....

Corporations also must have a 10:1 ratio of foreigners to Mexican nationals - has that changed too?

Do you mean 10 Mexican nationals to every foreigner?

Christi, I have heard others question this same point last week when this thread started, and it got me to thinking. How does Dressel work around this with their 'not Mexican' DM's and instructors?

I always wondered that, too. In La Paz (Baja) there were quite a few foreigners that were DMs relative to the total number.

Christi, I have heard others question this same point last week when this thread started, and it got me to thinking. How does Dressel work around this with their 'not Mexican' DM's and instructors?

Because they are under the Iberostar corporate umbrella - so all of the hotel employees count towards their ratio.

Reactions: JFS
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom