New Dive tattoo :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice Tatt Bro. As Matt and everyone else has said, it's a great start to what could be full trousers. Just think of the endless posibilities.
My wife wont let me get anymore (I have 4 but want to get my half sleeves finished) so I have to resort to encouraging people such as yourself:D

So what inspires people to get tattoos.....and for those that have them, don't you worry that something relatively permanent like this that what's cool today might not be tomorrow...? ;-)

Not meant to be a criticism -- just curious

large_diver:
So what inspires people to get tattoos.....and for those that have them, don't you worry that something relatively permanent like this that what's cool today might not be tomorrow...? ;-)

Hey Large
Hard to put into words but I will try.
Personally, I didnt get dermagraphics because I think they are cool. I got them because they mean something to me and are a display of my artistic "me", so even in if in 20 years the style of my dermagraphics is long gone,or my style or tastes have changed, they are a part of who I was back then.

large_diver:

Never a cool design. Plan your tattoo and then have your plan tattooed... :D

I spent about a year thinking about my first one, and another six months for the second one. Currently considering a third. Something yin-yang/Dolphins. Won't be until the next year though.

I, on the other hand, got my tattoo not because I think it represents me -- in my mind, it is silly to believe that what I think represents 'me' at 28 will continue to represent 'me' at 55 -- but because it appealed to me aesthetically; I have a hard time believing that people's tastes (about things like clothing, art, etc.) change much as they get older. I see it as a permanent anklet.

Outside:
http://alibee.delamitri.com/gallery/albums/tattoo/020704_outsideankle.jpg
Inside:
http://alibee.delamitri.com/gallery/albums/tattoo/020704_insideankle.jpg

Azza:
I got them because they mean something to me and are a display of my artistic "me", so even in if in 20 years the style of my dermagraphics is long gone,or my style or tastes have changed, they are a part of who I was back then.
Ditto. I think my tattoos are "cool", but I designed them myself and got them as permanent momentos of important times in my life. For example, I got back into scuba diving while travelling in New Zealand, and several years later I got an arm band tattoo loosely based on a Maori design that is closely tied to the sea. It reminds me of who I was then, the life lessons I learned, the adventures I had, and my reaquaintance with my love of the ocean. Unlike the folks who just pick a cartoon character off the wall in the tat parlor on the spur of the moment, my tattoo is a part of me in ways that trancend the physical, and it's not something I can ever see regretting.

I got mine because I wanted a tattoo, not to be cool. Tattoo's have been around forever. I get the designs I like and have never worried about whether I was with the "in crowd" or "cool crowd". I am my own person and my tattoo's don't define me. I would never get a sleeve or trousers, but I don't mind them. There are some very pretty tat's. I suppose the people that regret getting them are the one's who get names (gf, bf or spouse) or something they got while drinking. My hubby got a woman's face (before we were together) so I give him crap about it, but it is a pretty tat. I was 21 when I got my first and 34 when I got my second. I will probably get my third before I turn 40 (couple more years). I don't know why other people get theirs, just wanted to put my 2cents in on mine. :)

MSilvia:
Ditto. I think my tattoos are "cool", but I designed them myself and got them as permanent momentos of important times in my life. For example, I got back into scuba diving while travelling in New Zealand, and several years later I got an arm band tattoo loosely based on a Maori design that is closely tied to the sea. It reminds me of who I was then, the life lessons I learned, the adventures I had, and my reaquaintance with my love of the ocean. Unlike the folks who just pick a cartoon character off the wall in the tat parlor on the spur of the moment, my tattoo is a part of me in ways that trancend the physical, and it's not something I can ever see regretting.
I think you have hit the nail on the head there Matt.
Like the prehistoric scratchings on a cave to the renoirs apon canvas, and all thats in between, represent the timeline of Human existance-Our personal dermagraphics represent the timeline of of our life.
It doesnt matter that in 20 years we will not be the same person we are now, It's a reminder of who we were then.

scubajim:
How about a heart with "scubajim" in script?

I have that tattoo!! Its by my butt. You have to look very, very close.....its not on the right and not on the left but......right in the middle. Can you see it?????

If you squint, it becomes star shaped. :D

tiggrr:
I have that tattoo!! Its by my butt. You have to look very, very close.....its not on the right and not on the left but......right in the middle. Can you see it?????

If you squint, it becomes star shaped. :D

Yeah, I saw it while you were sleeping, but it growled at me twice. I don't think it's tattoo. Might be a birthmark :11: :11: :11: :06: :06:

BTW how's your seahorse doing?????????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom