New diver buoyancy & a camera ..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howarde:
I've dived with the OP on his home turf, and I think he's got nothing to worry about... he's a good diver, who is very conscientious about his diving. I think keep on taking the camera out D_B - Prepare to take your photo by settling down and, I usually go a little negative into a photo anyway, to get an upwards angle when possible. Give that a try...

That is basically what I meant.:wink:

Howard has the right idea. Unless you're in midwater, slightly negative is the way to go. The upward shot is a classic way to frame your subject against a blue water background. Sounds lioke you're on your way to some great images. Just hang in there - Practice makes perfect.

Thank you Howard

:D

.. some more thoughts (confession) on my buoyancy issue ...
was playing with a lime at 12to15 feet spinning it, and did not notice once while reaching up for it to spin it again that I had gone up a foot, or two .. causing me to rise further and before I could stop myself I was almost at the surface .. the lesson I learned was to be very careful to not get so distracted that I forget to "fly the plane"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom