New diver - questions and thoughts on regulator setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice to see those two teams through to the final and the Aus team made a go of the game.
Off topic
If the referee was more competent and awarded a scrum than a penalty, it could well be Scotland against the Puma in the semi! But I can't see either teams can offer much resistance to the All Blacks in the Final.
All Blacks, Springboks and Wallabies are head and shoulder ahead of most teams from the Northern Hemisphere. Wales has a pretty decent team but suffering from far too many injuries during the World Cup.
British and Irish Lions should tour NZ more often(4 times since 1977). They are the only team that can match the All Blacks in NZ. Looking forward to the 2017 tour.

Agreed.

However, if you can find a deal on the s360 its an option. I managed to get two s360 for 196euro so 98euro each or approx $us110.

Or, if $s are tight the s360 may be an option for now and then upgrade later. To me the s360 is better than taking a R195 or R095.

All food for thought...

This brings up an interesting point, for higher end first stages, it is much more economical and MUCH better value to go with the S560 than the s360. the price difference between the two second stages is insignificant when the first stage is the same. Even if money is tight, I'd skip a meal or two and get the S560 for sure. If one compares a lower priced first stage and an S360 vs. a higher grade first stage and S560, then the difference maybe significant and it makes sense to go for the S360 combination and possibly the $40 upgrade for it.

Agree 100% concerning the S360 vs. RX95.

Order a nice set of XTX50 + DST + XTX40 from dirdirect. Let's hope Fedex gets here before I leave on my trip. (If not, I use the low end rental stuff)

Will need to buy an SPG. Any quick suggestions?

Order a nice set of XTX50 + DST + XTX40 from dirdirect. Let's hope Fedex gets here before I leave on my trip. (If not, I use the low end rental stuff)

Will need to buy an SPG. Any quick suggestions?
Here are two options from DIR Direct, but there will be the similar options elsewhere. This assumes you will use a wrist computer.

DirDirect Worldwide - a conventional SPG with rubber boot, some would say it will trap salt water. Has hose and 'loops' to hook with.

DirDirect Worldwide a 'brass and glass' option, you need to select your hose and use some string/bolt snap to hook on.

Most spg are made by Termo(Italy).
2" with tempered mineral glass face + chrom plated brass body.
DGX charges ~US$60.00 for a plain spg. A suitable length of HP hose is also needed.
No idea how much in HK.
You should had bought it together with the reg.
You might have to order the "air spool" separately and couple of them as spare won't hurt either.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom