New Diver - travelling, hoping to dive July 30th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(949) 494-6573 Laguna Beach Marine Safety

Diving is closed today in Laguna Beach and possibly for the next few days. It is also a yellow flag for surf, which also means that vis would suck even if you did get past the waves.

---------- Post added July 30th, 2013 at 11:42 AM ----------

If you really want to get into the water Veterans Park up in Redondo beach would be a better bet. But day dives are pretty bad and night dives are only a little better. Basically lots of sand and a few piles of junk with very little life during the day. It usually nice down deep but staying around 40' would not be much fun. At least for me.....

Sounds like a day better spent with a cold one looking at the waves.....

Looking at the surf right now in Shaws Cove. 6 foot surf, would not want to enter and the Beach is closed by lifeguard.

As a Hail Mary... For Veterans Beach, any idea on who I could dive with?

theres always a bunch of divers that go out wed nights for night diving. I usually do all my diving there but surf may be pretty big since we're getting a pretty gnarly ssw swell in. If you do come down make sure you bring quarters for parking

theres always a bunch of divers that go out wed nights for night diving. I usually do all my diving there but surf may be pretty big since we're getting a pretty gnarly ssw swell in. If you do come down make sure you bring quarters for parking

Sounds out of my league right now and timing would be tight. Thanks for the invite though.

[ QUOTE=spg01]
---------- Post added July 30th, 2013 at 11:42 AM ----------

If you really want to get into the water Veterans Park up in Redondo beach would be a better bet. But day dives are pretty bad and night dives are only a little better. Basically lots of sand and a few piles of junk with very little life during the day. It usually nice down deep but staying around 40' would not be much fun. At least for me.....[/QUOTE]

Most everyone I take out to Veterans Park has found it to be an interesting dive... both during the day and night. I understand you're not interested, doesn't mean everyone isn't.

Back on topic, computer conditions are not reliably predictive, so perhaps come to a site with the idea that you may have to call the dive.

That is why I put "at least for me". Then again I do night dives there almost every week. But it was more of a comment that vets does not really compare to diving in laguna.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom